The Haunted Hollywood Gala (Dual POV, 🔥 )

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 10 (The Haunted Hollywood Gala)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Crude language. Chris is an asshole. A toxic ex-boyfriend is involved in this part. Reader being insecure about looks. SMUT (voyeurism, fingering, unprotected, kind of rough sex (wrap it before you tap it, babes), lots of dirty talk. 18+, please. Minors will be blocked.) This part actually has a lot of fluff, too! Please do not read this series if you are not a fan of asshole Chris or fics with a lot of angst. As always, let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 12.8k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

Reader POV

"He asked you to do what?!" Chris asked in a hushed but harsh tone.

You glanced around the hallway to make sure no one was around while you fumbled with the hotel lock. "Shh. Wait until we get inside."

"Y/N. What does getting inside have to do with anything? Me going into your room is more incriminating than asking you a question in the hallway." Chris deadpanned, looking down at you before his expression softened at your flustered demeanor. "Princess." He wrapped his hands around yours, holding them for a second before sliding the keycard from your grip and swiping it into the reader. The light flashed green and Chris pushed the handle down to open the door, ushering you inside.

You turned to look at him. "Don't be mad, please."

After you finally got to the hotel, you cornered Chris and pulled him to your room to talk to him about the gala and auction that Pearson had approached you about. You didn't think he would be mad, but you could also understand if he was.

His girlfriend was going to be in a dress and paraded around on a stage and someone else was going to pay money to take her out. Of course, he would be upset.

Chris sighed, closing the door and running his fingers through his hair. "Baby, I'm not mad. I promise. Not mad. Okay?" His large hands reached up to frame your face. "I'm upset that Rick put you in this position."