10

*

*

*

*

*

Christmas, Three-headed dogs, and dragons.

_

_

''Aurora, make sure you write to us while we are gone or i'll send you a howler''. Susan warned, giving me her dead serious look.

I nodded in amusement and promised to write to all of them.

After dropping Susan, Christina and Hermione off the carriage, I swiftly went back to the castle cause it was really cold outside at that time of the month.

Ariana and i were told to stay at Hogwarts for the christmas holidays, fortunately for me, But Ariana's been complaining about staying to the point the whole school knew that the so called 'girl who lived' would be staying for christmas.

''Oh look, what do we have here?''. Think of the devil, and she will appear. ''Non of your friends are here now, huh?''. She had this smug look on her face that makes me want to hex her. Her two goons, Brown and finnegan, stood at each side of me. ''No one to protect you now, is there?''. She grinned gleefully at me and pulled out her wand, her other so called friends doing the same.

I only stared at my sister for awhile, then burst out laughing. The trio gave me a confused look, but i just kept on laughing.

Ariana eventually became irritated and demanded. ''What's so funny you freak!?''.

I stopped laughing, and sneered at her. ''What are you going to do, hex me? You can't even perform a simple lavitation spell, Finnegan here can't cast a spell without exploding something, and Brown here is as useless as a troll''.

They all turned red in anger and pointed their wands at me. ''We will show you Potter!''. Brown said angrily and uttered a spell. Ariana and finnegan swiftly followed.

I boredly removed my wand and quickly moved it in a circular motion. ''Salvio hexia''. A shield suddenly appeared around me and each of their spells deflected. Brown's spell hit Ariana, Finnegan's hit Brown, and Ariana's hit Finnegan. I watched in amusement as Ariana began vomiting slugs, Finnegan remained unconcious on the floor, and Brown's hair was burnt off, leaving only tiny bits of smoking hair here and there.

Yes, it was indeed amusing.

With my dignity still intact and my day made, i calmly walked away, leaving the two girls with their misery.

_________________________________________________

I woke up to a beautiful, and quiet morning. I was the only one in my dorm to stay back at Hogwarts, so i was glad i did not have to wake up to the scent of perfume or a grumpy Christine for the rest of the holiday.

But i was surprised and confused when i saw bunch of boxes wrapped in a gift wrapper on the foot of my bed. It took a few seconds before i remembered it was actually christmas. Surprised i even got gifts, i completely got out of bed and opened one of them. It was a braclet from christina. It had my initial and i could feel a harmless, yet powerful magic on it.

I quickly took the letter it came with and opened it.

Aurora
    I wasn't sure if you'd be okay at Hogwarts alone with your sister there, so i convinced my mother to make a charmed braclet that would protect you from any bullies. I have a smiliar one and i have sent two more to Susan and Hermione. Hope you like it.