11

*

*

*

*

*

The Philosopher's stone and the end of first year.

_

_

It was after the last exam, Charms, When Hermione and Ron approached me with distressed looks.

''Aurora, we need to talk''. Hermione said seriously, looking around so no one apart from susan, Christina and i were listening. ''Lets go somewhere private''. With that she quickly led us into an empty classroom and took a deep breath. ''Aurora, we think Professor Prince's going to steal the stone tonight''.

''What stone?''.

''The philosopher's stone ofcause''. Ron answered, making both Susan and Christina gasp.

''The philosopher's stone is real!? How!?''. Susan asked.

''Remember the beginning of school year, when the headmaster warned everyone to stay away from the third floor corridor if they, and i quote 'do not want to die in the most painful way'?''. I asked my ginger haired friend and she nodded. ''Well, The headmaster wasn't joking, There is a cerberus there guarding the stone''.

Both Christine's and Susan's eyes widened in shock.

''Yup! Our headmaster's crazy, but back to the part where Lord Prince of all people, is trying to steal the stone''. I stared at both Ron and Hermione in disappointment. ''Of all the professors in this school, you chose the most obvious''.

They both stared at me in confussion. ''Exactly Aurora, it is pretty obvious that professor Prince is the one trying to steal the stone. We almost always see him around the third floor, we even saw him interrogating professor Quirrel about the stone. We think he bullied the poor man into telling him how to get it!''.

''Hermione, Ron''. I sighed. ''Professor Prince is one of the professors guarding the stone_no! Listen to me!''. I said quickly when they opened their mouths to talk. ''The stone has been there from the beginning of term and Professor Quirrel only arrived on Haloween, there is no possible way that he could've been involved with the stone in any way. The stone would have been well guarded by then and his involvement would be invalid. But then if Professor Prince was interrogating him about the stone, don't you think perhaps professor Quirrel was the one trying to steal it?. I mean, you do notice his stutter's fake right?. And the fact that a troll managed to break into Hogwarts' wards the very day he came is also a bit suspicious, don't you think?. Look, he may seem like the least person to suspect, but that is more reason we should suspect him. The ones who always look innocent and fragile are more likely the villains in the end''.

''That actually makes sense''. Christina said thoughtfully. ''I mean look at you, a she-devil in a sheep's clothing, you'd definitely be the right person to notice this things''.

I glared at her and rolled my eyes. ''Am not that bad''. They all gave me a look. ''Fine''. I sighed. ''Lets just tell a teacher or something and move on with our lives''.

''We already told Professor McGonagall, but she doesn't believe us''.

''Did you tell her it was professor Prince?''.

''No''.

''Good, then she had no reason to not believe you''.

''Wait, what? Aurora where are you going!?''.

I turned back, annoyed. ''Look, if you all want to go after Quirrel, that is your problem. But i am not going to risk my life for something that doesn't really concern me. You reported a teacher, that is enough, and if she didn't listen, that's her problem. I need some rest after all this hectic exams, So am going''.