Understanding Hunter - Tw🅾

I felt rapid tapping against my cheek and a mutter from an annoying voice.
"Yeah, how do you like it. Being semi-conscious and poked in the face. Huh? Huuuuuhhh?" I heard chaotic giggles follow this statement as my eyes slowly peeled open to see the morning sun peeking overhead and a scrawny Aurora right up in my face. "Hello, captor. Tell me where you have taken me!" I snort and shove his face away from mine, stretching. "I knew you were weird." He fell on his butt and seemed to take that to heart. "I'm not weird, answer my questions!" I blinked rubbing my face. "Fair, I did drag your muddy corpse into my non-muddy treehouse and take care of you lovingly. I must owe you everything in the world. Well, it seems more like you owe me~." My sarcastic banter seems to trigger memories in his head and he steps back hesitantly, unsure. "I- I don't owe you anything, you or him!" I sighed, popping bones back into place as I stood. "It was a joke, Goldie. You don't owe me anything, stay for a while or leave I don't care. You want breakfast?" He relaxed and an almost smile poked at his face before he held his hand up and faked a cough to hide it. "Yes, breakfast would sound- Hey, you didn't answer my question!" I turned to him with an annoyed look. "I will answer anything you can throw at me, just get your disgusting mud out of my house."
He walked out onto the porch where I see he had taken a small bite out of the food I left for him, almost cautiously. "Ah yes, your poison trap. I tested it and it tasted unfamiliar, I don't trust that you would not attempt kill me or slip a potion in it so I didn't eat it." I scoffed. "Then how are you going to eat breakfast?" He held a hand up and opened his mouth before moving it to his chin with a perplexed look.
He shook his head, going stern again as I climbed down the ladder. "Don't distract me with the promise of food! Why did you bring me here? Why did you put me on a mattress?"

I blinked, what is this kid on? "Well, you washed up in my pond. Soaked and covered in this weird liquid that was dark and inky, I thought you were trying to prank me but tripped and shattered your ribcage or something I don't know." I shrugged, beginning to gather simple ingredients for pancakes. "You fancy a Flapjack?" He looked at me like I just told him a homeless man was on house arrest. "Yes, I would like my Palisman back." He held out his arms expectantly, and I rolled my eyes. "I gotta make the pancakes first, calm down." He seemed taken back. "Oh, I thought you meant- something else..." I sighed, turning on the stove. "I put you on that mattress because I didn't want you getting mud on my good sheets, which you ended up doing anyway... You're scrawny so I got some clothes that'll fit you, go wash off in the pond." He just keeps looking more and more confused. "You- expect me to just strip and become vulnerable- willingly?" My eyes couldn't have rolled farther back into my head. "Listen here, bub. I don't have a shower and if you wanna smell like my grandma's diarrhea, okay. But, you're sleeping outside on the grass and not in my wonderful treehouse." He begins to reply before pausing to stare hard at my head.
"Wait... are your ears- round-?" I shush him. "More questions after you've showered." This boy seemed desperate for answers, if we weren't in the middle of the woods I feel he would have already run off.

The blonde walked slowly off, behind the tree.
"I won't look if that's what you're worried about, I honestly don't care about that stuff. You shouldn't rush or you'll still smell like ass, I got some soaps nearby the bank if you need them." I heard a hesitant mutter of acceptance and noticed his outfit now on the grass.

While baking it became quiet, the only sounds were of the stove and the distant occasional splash. The pancakes smelt good and were almost done, I considered putting chocolate chips in them but decided not to. Not wanting to waste a limited supply.

"Uh, I need the clothes- human."
I chuckle at his awkwardness.
"What's your style?"
"What?"
"What kind of clothes do you normally wear or like?"
"...Well- ones that have padding and room for my metal guard underneath. Also, gloves. My pants are normal but reinforced, yet thin around the joints that allow for better access to physical activities. Plus... They're comfy."
"...Tank top, a hoodie, sweatpants, and open-toed compression socks? Okay, if you say so. You can just have some fingerless gloves." I heard him silently question me as I climbed both up and down the ladder, the second time holding the outfit.