Something Found, Someone Fixed

Lmao my new kitten💞

EDIT: It's been like a year, she's old now btw sorry if I don't write as well or i used to or forget some plot stuff I haven't written in a while depression and all that, you get it

----

It was a couple of hours at the library and so far we had nothing, the library was completely hopeless. Same as it had always been and probably always will be. All of this was stressing me out as Hunter had been going on for awhile now, saying something like: "They're coming back, I have to help them-" I don't understand anything and it's starting to upset me. My normally chill personality began to falter with all the thoughts buzzing in my head, old memories.

"Are you good?" A hand grabbed my shoulder and I shot around, eyes wide. Hunter stared back, brows knit in confusion. "Y/n?" I laughed but it came out forced, running a hand through my hair. "Sorry, Aurora!  I just-" My eyes flickered around the library. "I've been thinking about my old friend, all this remind me of her." I heard him sigh and a shuffle of feet as he stepped closer, I froze stop my instinctual attempt to step away. I looked up to meet his eye line as he reached a hand out and pet my head, immediately that's what my mind focused on. "what are you-" He smiled, like a doofus.  "Remember? You did this to me! It fixes it! It's a human thing, right?" I laugh, for real this time reaching my arms out and hugging the idiot. "God, you're so dumb. I fucking love the shit out of you, dude." He froze, eyes wide. I looked at him from where my head was tucked into his chest, smiling fondly. He looked almost petrified, ears bending towards the ground, this definitionally put a damper on the mood but he's not voicing discomfort like hes know too. He must not dislike it, just surprised. "And not all humans like that, but luckily I love it. Thank you, Huntsman." I tucked my head away as he, slowly, relaxed. He curled his arms around me suddenly and pulled me into a tight hug, placing his head onto my own as he played with the hair on the back of my head. I couldn't see his facial expression but he sounded nervous, even though his tone was soft. "Humans are weird, It's just weird how my first 'I love you' was from an idiot like you." I pulled away, scaring him again as my mouth hung agape. "You've never been told I LOVE YOU before!" He shushed me, pushing me deeper into the isle. "You said be quiet and I don't wanna be kicked out!"

My palms graced his blushing face, petting his scar with my thumb. It calmed him, he quickly relaxed and sat there with his eyes wide. I cooed. "I'm going to have to tell you how much I appreciate your company more often, huh?" He just blinked in response, starting at me with his mouth clamped close and eyes wide. I chuckled, letting go and patting his head. "Alright, I think we're done here-" A book fell from the shelf above me, missing by an inch as Hunter had grabbed it. I looked behind me to see him look awkward. "Sorry- Uh, reflex?" I just blinked, looking up to read the books title. "Journal of Caleb Wittebane?" Hunter yanked the book into his grasp, opening the pages. "This is it! This is the book that can help us!" I smiled as he suddenly looked so happy, he even jumped around and laughed. "We did it! We did it!" He reached over and tugged me along, pulling me into a side hug. My grin grew, watching Aurora blossom. I let him pull me to the desk, checked out the book for me and then pull me out. He speed walked through the dark, talking happily about how he will finally have a lead.

I listened, only letting my smile drop when I see it. I gasped, horror filling my expression as I rushed over. There was an injuries cardinal on the door stop, holding some kind of vial with an owl on the lid. "FLAPJACK!" Hunter ran over, dropping the book onto the ground. I thought- why would he rid of his lead like that? I cringed, grabbing the book. When I looked back at the porch, Hunter was gone and the door was left wide open. A sigh escaped me.

---

Is this filler? Yes.

I really didn't feel like writing this but I needed to shit something out for yall....

I finally caved and gave gave Y/n overall sympathy issues. They're shit at comforting and struggle to deal with feeling bad for others, just like me ig idk

I literally feel like shit I'm sorry