Echos of the past - Fℹve

[Slight Filler]
I had given Hunter some of my old pajamas that were left here for nights like this, we were facing away from each other on the bed. I had my head in my hands, whilst on my side. The sheets ruffled with every jolt I made, I pulled and plucked my face in stress. I haven't faced any of this Luz nonsense since it happend, since she moved on from me. Since she told me.
Then a realization struck me... All of Hunter's stories sound so similar to what she... I sat up, Hunter rolled over to stare in confusion at my sudden movement. "Y/n- are you awake? You're usually asleep by now..." One hand ran through my hair as I stood from the bed, beginning to fumble with my shoes. "Hunts, dude. Please go to bed," I turned and ran my hand through his hair, he tensed his ears turning red in embarrassment at my unexpected action. I kindly smiled in his direction, he gave an awkward one back. "I'll be fine." He nodded slowly before turning back around, I stood and walked towards the door giving one last glance at him before shutting it behind me. I walk down the steps and sigh, pulling at my tank top. I then towards the forest and take a familiar path, where unlike my tree house every time I walk it all I feel is the dread and Deja vu crawling up my back. It wasn't a marked path, it just had been walked so many times the brush was flattened and not growing anymore.

I come here whenever the Luz drama becomes too much for me, which is almost every time I visit Camila. The tree branches shake and make noise as the night animals usher past me, not caring about me walking past in a tank top and basketball shorts. I shiver as the cool night air brushes past me but continue walking, the more I think of Luz the more hope I get that it's a misunderstanding.

"Luz," I stutter to hide a laugh as she stares. "It has to be true, I'm counting on you." Her eyes widened and a smile pulls at her face as she steps towards the wooden shack backward. "To be your wings and your eyes." We laugh together as I turn and leave, walking back into the forest and leaving her to her own devices.

The memory causes a grimace from me, what wings she was. I fell to my death.
Soon my feet graced the clearing where the wooden hovel lay, forgotten. I stepped up to it and stared at the doorknob where it hung my half of our friendship bracelet.

This is where our friendship died, so might as well lay the last of my grievances here. The physical ones at least, the emotional ones follow me whether I wish for them or not.