The lying witch and a basilisk - F🅾ur

There, it's shitty and half-assed but there

For the disguised look, those are headphones.
That's honestly meant to be him more towards the reveal when Luz and the rest arrive.
I changed my signature to OVERLORD because I rule over everything ever, also it's my name on here.
I know it looks like I do but for these little pockets of me talking, I don't care about grammar so don't go spell-checking me.
-

Hunter and I were riding into town, slower than before because traffic picked up the closer we got. We began to make our way to the main square, with that big patch of grass in between the buildings, when Hunter suddenly jumped off the skateboard and almost caused me to eat asphalt. I struggled to balance and ultimately fell on my ass but my body continued rolling, I attempted to stop with my hands. Scraping the skin off. I hissed as the stinging began and I stood, using my foot to flip up the board. "Hunter, what the f-!" I turned to see him grabbing at the town sign like it owes him money.

 "Hunter, what the f-!" I turned to see him grabbing at the town sign like it owes him money

He turned to me, looking ready to murder. "Human," Oh God not again, I thought we were past this? "What does this sigil mean? Who put it here?!" I rubbed my ass, walking over with an unhappy grunt. "It's like... the town emblem, I guess. Some guy name Phillip Wittebane and his brother Cal-" He grabbed me by the shoulders. "Are you- sure? That was his name?" I nodded slowly, blinking in confusion. Hunts backed up, looking at the statue of Phillip. He scanned the grass and noticed a bunch of fallen pinecones, the angry blonde scooped them up and began throwing them at the monument.
"SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU!" Hurling pinecones and screeching... That's something I wanna try. "I'LL GIVE YOU A SCAR! HUH?!" I grab his arm, and he looks at me before huffing and dropping the last one. I sighed, giving him a pat on the back. His expression goes blank and he looks at the brother instead. "...we got beef." He looked utterly repulsed as he said it, turning slightly green at the word. "What did the dead man do Hunter?" I smiled and he snorted. "I wish he were dead." I rose an eyebrow, not saying anything but wondering how deep that statement went.
"I'm going to be if we don't stop by the Nocedas house, we can visit the Library tomorrow. Look, we're right here." I pointed out the home which was a little ways away and he nodded, following me with his arms in his pocket. I sighed and loosely smile, ruffling his hair. He grumbled and swatted at me, then put his hand back into his pocket. "Dude, you gotta stop with that stuff. Now people are staring at us and are gonna notice your rather... exaggerated features." As I said this I eyed a man peeking at us through the historical society's window, who fumbled to grab a broom and began to whistle. With his back now facing me, I began to walk a little faster. Hunter seemed to note this but not say anything, just keeping pace with me. We passed a bakery and a group of kids under a tree, playing with purplish cards. He looked at them in confusion and slight fear as we passed, I waved to the kids and they waved back smiling. "YO, Y/N IN TOWN!" They Yelled and I laughed. "YOU KNOW IT! I'll BE HERE FOR A WHILE TOO! CATCH ME SOMETIME!" They through a thumbs up as I jump around to face them flashing finger guns. They whistled as I turned to face the house again, Hunter just staring in disbelief. "I could've sworn I've seen those cards before- what was it? Hexagon? Hex? Hexes... Something?" He held his hands on his head as I walked with my arms behind my head carefree, that's always the difference between us. I always gotta remind him to have fun and loosen up, he's always on guard. He wakes up early, prepares a shit breakfast then waits for me to make a good one. While I'm cooking he stands next to me like an army soldier, watching the brush for any sign of movement. He pounced on a raccoon once- I asked him about it and he said it was instinct and that he feels uncomfortable not doing it so I just let him. Plus, he never takes off his gloves. I wonder what that's about? He's always so-... reserved? Yet, open. He acts like someone is whispering in his ear telling him everything he's doing is wrong, it doesn't matter whether he enjoys the activity or not. It's so strange, he acts like some kind of super-soldier or guard. I caught him awake reading one night, he acted like it was normal to stay up for like three nights in a row.