Chapter 7:Climbing The Safety Rails Of The Mountains.

Wednesday 6th æpŕįł 6:30AM.

Narrators POV.

The group had escaped the flaming hands of the SCPs, all are exhausted and tired as now they are at the steps of the stoney mountain.

"Alright guys, we have made it, now let's make it up the mountain right now".

Philza stated as he recieved so many groans from everyone in the group except for (Y/N), Ghostbur and GhostBoo.

"Give us a moment sweetie, we did ran as fast as we could to get away from the SCPs".

"And a burning forest let's not forget about that!".

Drista cut in loudly as Kristin shook her head but not as much as Puffy, who is gasping for air. Philza nodded in agreement as he sat down, soon laying on the ground as everyone joined him.

"Right we should take a break for now and then we will climb up the stoney steps that'll lead us to a bridge with safety rails".

Philza spoke softly, they are gathered in an evergreen forest that is at the bottom of a mountain. The forest green pine trees stood tall and proud as the stoney steps to the mountain is very noticeable up close. The sunlight isn't reaching through due to the clouds and shadows the group are in.

Once the group had recovered, they started to climb up the stairs. Philza, Kristin and Micheal in the lead, the three ghosts in the middle and Drista, Niki and Puffy behind the group.

"This is so very exciting guys".

(Y/N) chirped excitedly, making Ghostbur smile and GhostBoo hum in agreement as they climbed up the stoney steps even more.

Meanwhile, George had caught up to the group but had Ranboo, Callahan, Punz, Slimecicle and Tommy with him. The other groups had split up from the forest fire as they thought that they should know where to find Philza and Kristin's home.

"Right, this should be the main way to Philzas and Kristin's home".

Tommy spoke as Ranboo nodded and felt his counterpart climbing up the mountain. He can check through the eyes of GhostBoo but chose not too since it will interfere with his counterparts plans to bring (Y/N) back to them.

"Alright, we should get there as soon as possible........Who knows what Philza and Kristin left here on the mountain when it comes to dark".

George spoke as everyone in the group nodded and started walking up the stony steps of the mountains.

Drista's POV.

I huffed as we climbed up the mountain but I kept my eyes on Ghostbur and GhostBoo. It's a bit strange that my brother suddenly freed them out of Pergortory. I know for a fact he didn't need too since their own counterparts were revived by me using the Revival Book.

"Philza, do you think that Ghostbur was purposely trying to delay us for the SCPs to catch (Y/N)?".

I asked Philza, Kristin is now right behind the three ghosts with Puffy, Niki and Micheal as I took the lead with Philza.

"You don't think I'm thick do you Drista?. I started thinking about it when I've learned the SCPs were nearby and Ghostbur wanted (Y/N) by herself. For now let's play dumb because we can't get rid of ghosts".

Philza suggested as I shook my head sideways.

"No they will follow us back to your home and then take (Y/N) in our sleeps buddy".

I said as Philza nodded but he seemed to have a side glance right behind his back. I decided to look at what he's looking to see (Y/N) happily conversing with Ghostbur and GhostBoo.

"We can't get rid of them, (Y/N) will be crushed".

Philza spoke sympathetically as I stared at him with a look of disbelieve.

"You do realize that my own brother could've summoned more ghosts out of Pergortory right?".

I said as we all halted at a wooden bridge going over a running river with trees blocking the way. On top of a tree blocking the bridge is a crow watching us curiously.

"Hello there buddy, do you mind letting us through?".

Philza asked as the crow understood since it caw at the trees and the trees stood tall and out of the way from the bridge.

"Thank you buddy".

Philza spoke as the crow cawed back as we moved onto the wobbly bridge quite carefully except for the ghosts. I looked around in amazement, the trees are blowing the leaves in bliss, the sky is in a ray of orange and yellow, signaling that night is approaching.

We all moved upwards on the bridge as I can see the waterfall that started the river. I looked down to see we are getting quite high as I felt the bridge shake.

"Niki are you okay?".

"W-well let's just say me and heights don't get along together".

I turned my head quickly to see Niki shaking, her hands are tightly clutching onto the rails of the bridge as I inhaled.

"Stop".

I said as Philza indeed stopped, along with the ghosts and the rest of the group. I went back to the group and lifted Niki in my arms.

"Hey- Drista stop I can walk on my own!".

"Nope, we need to continue on and I know you hate heights so I'll carry you to the end".

I spoke as Niki huffed as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Are you two married or something?".

I heard Philza ask as I shook my head sideways when I came up next to him and we started walking once again on the bridge.

"No Phil, we aren't married, we are just good friends, thats all".

"Huh so when's the wedding then?".

Puffy asked as I blushed heavily, along with Niki who hid her face in my chest. Well this isn't going away now is it guys?.