Chapter Six

Chapter Six

   I was woken by someone shaking my shoulder. I groaned and rolled over. "Kate. Kate. Kate, wake up." I groaned again and turned to see Olly kneeling beside my bed. I lent up on one elbow, stuck my middle finger up at him and stuffed my head under a pillow. He sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm not trying to be mean but...but, well, I'm just not good at this sort of stuff, and you know that. But, seriously, I am really sorry. I'm sorry about my...me-ish-ness and...I'm sorry about your dad."; Olly said. I lifted the pillow off of my head and sat up, swinging my legs out of bed and hitting Olly.

"Ohmigod! I'm sorry." I said, biting my bottom lip.

Olly smiled and said "S'all good." I lent forward and hugged him. He smiled and said "But, I really am sorry."

I just shook my head and said "It's okay." I then started to cry. Olly sat on the bed and pulled me onto his lap. I rested my head on his shoulder and continued to cry. He stroked my hair and told me to 'cry it out'.

   After half an hour, I went downstairs and grabbed some strawberry laces from the cupboard. I then went back upstairs, into Addi's room, went up to her and gave her a huge hug. She hugged me back and pinched a strawberry lace from the bag. I pfted at her and stepped away from her. "How goes it with you, Kat?" She asked, sitting on the bed and patting the space beside her. I sat down and she said "Do you wanna' go into town? Get our hair and nails done? Get some lunch and then go clothes shopping?"

"I like the ideas...just...not in that order." I replied.

"Enlighten me on your schedule then."

"Ummm, clothes first, then get lunch. Come home and change clothes. Go back into town, hair, nails and then coffee."

"Why?"

"Be-cauuuuse...if we get lunch after having our nails done we'll ruin them won't we? But, if we go my way then we can get some nice clothes then after lunch change into the new clothes so they won't get ruined by our lunch. Then nails after hair so that if we're touching our hair after it's done our nails won't get ruined. Make sense? Yes. Good. When do we want to get going?"

"Half hour?"

"Sure, I'll be downstairs then."

"Cool. See ya' then, sis'."

   I went into the bathroom, jumped into the shower, washed myself, dried off, ran into my room dressed and blow dried my hair. I then pulled my hair into a scruffy bun and put on my make up. When I went into the lounge, mum came up to me, hugged me and handed me a huge wad of money. "Mum, I can't take this." I said, handing her the money. She shook her head, put it in my hands and folded my fingers over it.

"I want you to have it. Buy yourself something nice and have fun. I want you and Addi to have a nice time. Yeah?" mum said, smiling at me.

I hugged her and said "Thank you. Very much. I will." Then Addi appeared, grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the front door and towards her car. It's a purple KA called 'Penny'.

   When Addi pulled into the parking space, we jumped out and headed for the clothes shops. After roaming Newlook for about three quarters of an hour, we went into the disabled changing room because it was soooo big, with three baskets full of clothes and shoes. We tried on lots of outfits and took photos on our phones to show Mum. Finally, after laughing, joking and falling over in heels that were too high, we both settled on a gorgeous day outfit. Addi got a gorgeous, floral maxi dress and some bronze gladiator sandals. She then added a load of bangles and a large, plastic flower ring. She brought a velvet flower for her hair. Well, I say we both got day outfits but that depends on what you class a day outfit as. I got a navy-grey dress with major ruffle action at the hem, which is just under four inches above my knee, and it's ruched down the centre of the back and front. It has spaghetti straps and a V neckline. I also had some cream, three inch, rounded toe leather court shoes. I added a cream and gold diamante bangle set, some cream rose studs and a cream resin rose ring. I also got a cream, faux leather, braid bando and finished the outfit with a cream clutch. I spent eighty pounds on my outfit and then we went out to a small cafe for lunch. We both had baguettes and salad.