04. ┊ avoidance of the future II

A single year had passed in the time you spent trying to hone your physicality

A single year had passed in the time you spent trying to hone your physicality. In this one year, you'd spent almost everyday looking for ways to improve on every skill you could have. After all, escaping from The Tsaritsa and the Fatui is something that should be nearly impossible.

You were now five years old, and soon you would leave Zapolyarny Palace to train with the Sixth Fatui Harbinger, The Balladeer.

Though, you were already far ahead of that.

You decided that you would escape tomorrow. Nothing peculiar was going to happen on that day, so the guards wouldn't be so uptight. The. Fatui soldiers are always expected to prepare for any situation, but no one would suspect that the five year The Tsaritsa raised would plan an escape tomorrow.

The night before your escape, you snuck into the kitchen past midnight. Secretly putting food items into your backpack, you made your way back to your room to prepare for your other things.

Inside your room was a bucket, one that was large enough to fit your backpack and the rope that you made.

It would have looked suspicious, walking outside with a backpack and some bedsheets tied together as rope. So you decided to put both of them in a bucket that was able to hold both of those things.

And so finally, the day for your ultimate escape came. You woke up bright and early, revisiting your plan and reviewing it to make sure you knew what to do.

Just then, a maid knocked on your door.

"Y/N, it is time to wake up." The maid said from the other side of the door.

You faked your voice to sound groggy and tired, "I'm up!" You groaned.

As you heard the maid walk away, you quickly got dressed up and went down to the dining room. You would continue the morning like normal, and initiate the escape plan during the evening.

"Good morning!" You smiled innocently, as if you weren't planning on abandoning this place.

The staff greeted you good morning's back, and soon your breakfast was being served.

You couldn't lie that this lifestyle was satisfactory, but it was all just a ploy for you to get used in the future. Manipulated, one might say.

You would have been okay with living like this, if it were your first life. But it wasn't.

You already died once, in a life where you couldn't do anything except play a game that was the only thing to comfort you. So now that you had another chance, another life to live, how could you accept to live being used as "the greatest weapon the Fatui would ever have"?

So, after you finished your meal, you hurriedly rushed back to your room.

A few months ago, you reassured the staff members that you could put on clothes yourself. And over time, they began to trust that you could. So you didn't need to explain why you were dressed anymore.