34. ┊ restoration of a vision

a/n: im two months late to the 1 year anniversary of this fic... but honestly i didn't expect for this fic to take this long to write, and i appreciate all of you readers so so much for continuing this fic until thus far and keeping up with updates <3 thank you guys.

 but honestly i didn't expect for this fic to take this long to write, and i appreciate all of you readers so so much for continuing this fic until thus far and keeping up with updates <3 thank you guys

"I just... couldn't help but instantly notice the pain that surrounds you. It's almost... stifling, suffocating, yet devouring and corruptive. It's as if it were a pain that was able to transcend lifetimes." Kazuha's voice was calm, yet it was direct and there was no hesitation in his words. It felt as though a spear pierced through your body, stunning you and leaving you completely still. His words were what you needed to hear, but it wasn't what you wanted to know.

For a moment, you felt yourself falter. Your eyes slightly widened at his speech, before your face dropped back down into a blank and almost cold expression.

"I'm not sure that's what you say to someone who just saved your life." You scoffed, recovering from your little shock. Your eyes glowered into his, as if daring him to say more.

Kazuha seemed unfazed by your glare as he spoke, "Ah- My apologies. I'm truly grateful for your help." Kazuha nodded his head, a small smile on his face, "While I would've gotten out myself, I appreciate the time and effort you put into saving me."

So he would've been completely fine, even if you hadn't saved him...

You said nothing more, shuffling up from the ground as you turned to walk away. Your clothes were wet and damp with water, but you simply continued on your merry way. They would dry off soon, anyway.

"Are you perhaps, a traveler, by any chance?" Kazuha called out from behind you, yet you didn't even take a moment to pause. You weren't in the mood to chat, and you especially wanted to avoid him. You seemed to relax a little as you felt like you lost him, until there was a tug on your shoulder. "Your clothes are still wet. Shall I make us a fire to dry off faster?"

Your head slowly turned to look at him, a small tint of shock prevalent on your face. His steps were incredibly light, and his movements were swift yet sharp. What were you expecting? He was a wandering samurai, after all...

You snapped your shoulder out of his grasp, gazing at him harshly, "No, I'm here on business."

"Is that so? Then, at least allow me to accompany you." Kazuha appeared beside you, completely unbothered by your bitter demeanor. "Please, it's the least I could do."

You stared coldly at him, and you looked as though you were about to say something that even Kazuha wouldn't be able to forgive. But, you held yourself back, and merely let out a sigh.

"...Just do whatever you want." You breathed out, growing tired of trying to resist him. Kazuha seemed pleased, a delighted expression on his face as he moved to walk beside you. "A wagon from Dawn Winery should be up ahead, we just need to catch up to it."