09. ┊ small droplets of water

It felt like ages before Scaramouche stopped, lifting his hand to prevent the soldiers from moving forward

Your eyes trailed along the scenery of the area. From the looks of it, you had arrived at a Fatui camp that definitely belonged to Scaramouche's division. Tents were already put up, and bonfires had long since been burning.

"We're here. Surround the area, now." Scaramouche spoke harshly, almost spatting at his soldiers who desperately went into their positions.

"Is he already forcing me into a mission?!" You rambled in your mind, quickly twisting your body as you eyed your surroundings. But why would he give out a mission that took place at the camp?

The harbinger beside you sighed, "What are you getting all worked up about? Did you think I was putting you, a five year old, on a mission?" You blinked, allowing yourself to slowly relax your limbs. "I might be cruel, but I'm not heartless. Get a grip."

Scaramouche then walked away, leaving you in the middle of the campsite. You stood awkwardly as his subordinates watched over your every move.

"Do I just... stand here?" You nervously thought to yourself, fumbling with your fingers as you were unsure of what to do.

Not a moment later, Scaramouche reappeared in the distance. His figure gradually grew closer, and from the looks of it he seemed as though he didn't have anything new on him.

"This will start your first day of training." Scaramouche glared, turning his body to face you. You picked up how serious he was just by one look at him.

You gulped. What was he going to make you do? The possibilities were endless, and the different ideas raced inside your head. Fear loomed over you as you expected the worst outcome imaginable.

Scaramouche twitched, "Hey. Didn't I tell you already that I wasn't going to do anything?" He spoke tiredly as he moved to distance himself from you.

"Oh. Right.." You murmured, calming yourself down. You must've been more expressive than you realized.

"This is your first day of training," Scaramouche said, extending his arm out as if he was to hold something, "Picking your weapon of choice." And just like that, a sword had materialized out of thin air and into his hand. You stared at him in awe. You hadn't seen anything like that since you were kept in the palace most of the time. Not in real life, anyway.

However, the wonder and surprise was short-lived as you looked around for the other weapons.

"Um... Where are the weapons?" You asked, looking around for any trace of another weapon.

"Did no one at the palace teach you any patience?" Scaramouche grumbled, already feeling the frustration and stress of having to train you.

In mere seconds, gold sparks of dust formed into five various weapons. You expected them to fall onto the snow right after, but they continued to float.