20. ┊ the winds of time

a/n: i intended to finish writing and upload this on feb 14 so i could break hearts, but unfortunately school was being a little shit so i couldnt,,, anyways it's finally here!! did you guys enjoy the wait?

"What... what did you just say to me?" Scaramouche asked slowly in pure disbelief. Surely, he heard wrong? You couldn't have. You wouldn't... leave him too, right?

"Your pupil has been killed." Dottore repeated, watching in interest as he saw as Scaramouche reached the pits of true despair.

Scaramouche felt as if the atmosphere was suffocating him, yet he remained skeptical, "You really expect me to believe that?"

"Why are you merely showing me their guns?" Scaramouche questioned harshly, "If my pupil is truly dead, then where's their body? Do you think you can fool me with your disgusting tricks, Doctor?" Yet, Dottore had a simple expression on. It was one of delight.

"You wish to see your pupils corpse? Then, I'll gladly take you to it." Dottore replied calmly, too calmly.

"...Gladly? What do you mean by... gladly?" Scaramouche stared into Dottore's mask with a crazed look on his face, as though something within him was cracking. Dottore said no more, only turning around and walking away from the area. Scaramouche, although enraged, had no choice but to follow him.

The sights had eventually changed into the forests of Sneznhaya, where trees lined up the scenery and were piled with glistening white snow. It was only then that Scaramouche's eyes fell upon a deep red trail of blood that tainted the pure white, and it felt as though time had stopped completely as he did. Scaramouche's eyes followed the blood, seeing as it trailed from one spot to another. Until it stopped, and the string keeping him sane had finally snapped into two.

There was a pool of bloodied snow right underneath a tree. Even if you had minimal injuries, the amount of blood loss would have been enough to kill you. In the snow, there were left the prints of your guns that landed in the blood as you breathed out your last puff of air.

However, there was a bigger mystery. And that was your missing body.

Scaramouche tightened his fists, a mix of grief and anger had overcome him. Had you not even left him a trace of you to mourn over?

...Were you truly gone? Just like all those he had placed his trust in? Were you no different from the others?

Scaramouche was yet again a victim of these emotions. It felt as though everything had been breaking apart around him, and he could only do so much as watch.

"What is it, Scaramouche? Has the scene left you all too shocked to even mumble a few words?" Dottore inquired, now standing beside the shorter man.

"..." Scaramouche didn't respond, "...Where's their body?" He spoke quietly under his breath.

Dottore tilted his head slightly in amusement, "Hm? Could you repeat that?"

The surrounding area had lit up with a bright glowing beam of electro energy, just to disappear in the same second. A quick and loud blast then reverberated in the forest, as if it was the instability and destructiveness of thunder embodied in a single motion.