33. ┊ reminiscent of the past

The moment you opened your eyes again, there was a striking pain throughout your entire body

The moment you opened your eyes again, there was a striking pain throughout your entire body. A slight movement of one of your limbs caused every part of you to ache, and you felt exhausted as the events of yesterday began to settle in your mind...

The sensation of using elemental energy again was... exhilarating. It was something you thought you would never feel again. You were almost convinced that it was all a dream, yet your body said otherwise.

You managed to pry yourself from your bed, despite your aching limbs. The only thing you could remember before you blanked out was... red? Red hair?

...You were pretty sure it was Diluc, which wasn't surprising. You should really stop passing out in the middle of nowhere, that could've taken a turn for the worst...

You wobbled as you stood up, slowly making your way to the mirror in your room. It was only then that you noticed the bandage wrapped around your neck. Did something happen after you fainted?

You figured your questions would be answered if you went to consult Diluc... and you would be answering many of his as well.

As soon as you stepped out of your room, you noticed Diluc by his study. He seemed to be sorting out the documents at his desk, and only stopped when he heard your footsteps.

"Y/N." Diluc turned his body to face you, a sheet of paper in his hand that he shortly placed down afterwards. His expression remained unchanged, the same frown as usual. "...You're up early."

"Yeah." You replied back simply, nodding. A long and awkward silence filled the area between you two, and you both stood idly as you two waited for the other to initiate first.

Diluc cleared his throat, "So, you were blessed with an anemo vision?"

You tensed up, eyes pacing around as you thought of an answer, "...Yeah, something like that." You lie, blatantly.

Diluc's eyebrow rose in skepticism, "Something like that?"

You quickly moved the topic along, not wanting to answer him, "What happened to my neck?" You pointed to the bandages wrapped around your neck, confused.

"An agent of the Fatui was planning to kill you." Diluc stated bluntly, so bluntly that you had to process his words a second time to fully understand.

"...And then what?" You blinked, eyebrows furrowed in even more confusion.

Diluc replied calmly, his attention turning back to the documents on his desk, "Someone took them down."

"Cool, so who was it?" Your eyebrows narrowed even more, now growing a bit irritated at his vague responses.

Diluc's head shot towards you, a blank stare on his face as he replied, "I didn't get a chance to investigate, I was focused solely on getting you to safety." He spoke with a slight attitude. "Has anyone ever told you to not pass out in the middle of nowhere?"