Chapter three

"I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil." Gandalf sternly said. 

Boromir shakes his head. He stands again to make hiscase to the council.

"It is a gift ..."

 "I- did you not hear what Gandalf just said!?" You explaimed, only to be ignored by everyone, except for a elf that rolled his eyes. 

 "a gift to the foes of Mordor!"

Gandalf then turned around looking like he was ready to hit Boromir with his staff. 

"Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay ... by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy ... let us use it against him!" 

You got ready to stand up, you were tired from travelling and now this idiot wants to use the ring ?! The bloody ring ?! Unbelievable.

Gimli grabbed your arm and shook his head knowing you could start an argument that could last for a few hours. 

"You cannot wield it. None of us can." said a stern voice that came from another man who clearly had more sense. "The One Ring answers to Sauron alone ... it has no other master." 

Boromir turned to the man, anger clear on his face. "And what would a Ranger know of this matter?". The man says nothing and so Boromir turns away dismissively. 

Suddenly the elf that had rolled his eyes at you stood up.

"This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance". So that's his name?

Boromir turns sharply. "Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?" he says in disbeliefe. 

"...And heir to the throne of Gondor." the elf said, clearly familiar with who Aragorn is. 

"Havo dad, Legolas..." (Sit down, Legolas) Aragorn said.

"Gondor has no king." Boromir said.

You looked at Gimli who looked to be enjoying the drama.

"Aragorn is right ... we cannot use it" Gandalf stated. 

"You have only one choice ... the Ring must be destroyed" Elrond spoke up.

Gimli stands up, looking excited. "Then ... what are we waiting for!?" Gimli suddenly rushes forward. He swings YOUR axe down on the ring. The axe shatters with a deafening 'CRACK!'. 

Gimli fallsbackwards staring in disbelief at the ring that stayed unharmed.

The other dwarves knelt down to help him up while you stared in horror at your axe.

"My axe!" you muttered angrily

Luckily you still had (P/W) (Preferred weapon)

"The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Glóin, by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom ... only there can it be unmade". Elrond spoke while looking at Gimli. "It must be taken deep into Mordor, and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this".

You finally took your eyes off from your destroyed axe to look at Elrond.

The council sits quiet for  little while. All with downcast eyes. 

"One does not simply walk into Mordor" Boromir adresses the council in a quiet voice. "Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, and ash and dust ... the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand Men could you do this. It is folly". 

"You say that as if you know first hand" You said again, to only be ignored as Legolas stood up again. 

"Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!" 

"And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!" Gimli yelled, wanting to get his point across.

"And what if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"  

Gimli leaps to his feet.

"I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!" 

You looked towards him. You were clearly offended. Sure you were only half elf but tht didn't change anyting.  He had clearly offended the other elves too for they all stood up to argue.

Everyone was standing and yelling.

You were even more hurt when you heard Gimli yell "NEVER TRUST AN ELF!".

Your family hadn't been been as bd about elves since they adopted you, Gloin had been kind with your mother as she had died for heavens sake! 

As the yelling continued, you just sat in your seat. This was what powered the ring even more! Arguments, fighting, conflict, it's what the ring want's, it's what the ring creates!

"Do you not understand? While we bicker amongst ourselves, Sauron's power grows! No one will escape it. You will all be destroyed, with your homes burnt and your families put to the sword!" Gandalf yells through the argument.

That's when you heard Frodo, the hobbit yell "I WILL TAKE IT!"

He wasn't heard one bit, so he yelled even louder "I WILL TAKE IT! I will take the ring to Mordor"

You all stared at Frodo, he looked to be mearly a child (which he obviouslt wasn't)

Silence had taken over. Frodo looked around at the astonished faces. 

"Though i do not know the way..."