Chapter 8

(1st POV)

We were walking along the far shore of a dark lake, directly below great looming cliffs.

"The walls of Moria!" my brother exclaims in awe. A small smile on his face.

I carefully walk along the green and slippery stones, trying not to slip and embarrass myself in front of everyone. We watch as Gandalf touches the smooth rock wall. Slowly, faint lines apper, like slender veins of silver running through the stone.

"Itindin, it mirrors only starlight and moonlight" Gandalf speaks as he looks at the wall.

A large moon rises over  the mountains. The lines on the wall grow broader and cleaarer, forming a glowing arch of ancient letters and symbols. 

Im immersed by the walls beauty. My focuse is broken by Gandalf speaking once more.

"It reads, 'The door of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter'."

"What do you suppose that means" Merry pipes in.

"It's quite simple. If you are a friend, speak the password and the doors will open" Gandalf speaks confidently. He raises his arms as he spoke "Annon edhellen, edro hi ammen!". 

No one speaks a word as we await something to happen. A cold wind blows, making a few of us  shiver. 

The wall still stands

I grunt a bit. I was hoping to finally escape the cold weather.

"Oh stop grunting, you're not the only one cold" Legolas says, suddenly standing next to me and giving me the stink eye. I stared at him for a bit. Questions jumping around in my head 'The hell did i do to him'. A sneer appears on my face as i look away from him.

(A bit later)

Gandalf is still mumbling spells in effort to open the door. I watch as Aragorn whispers something to Bill the pony while he unsaddles him. Realizing he's gonna let him go kinda stung my heart, i really liked that pony. 

"Bye, Bill..." Sam says, as he watches the pony Trot off.

I smile a bit watching Aragorn comfort Sam, but the moment is inturrupted by splashes that are caused by Merry and Pippin tossing stones into the lake. Pippin was about to throw another stone, but i grab his hand before he could.

"Do not disturbe the water" I tell him as i watch anxiously at the ripples, them appearing to grow. I exchange a look with Boromir. My hand creeping towards my sword just in case.   

(3rd person)

Meanwhile Gandalf gives up in despair, sitting down besides Frodo.

 Frodo peers at the Elvish inscription his face breaking into a smile of comprehension. "It's a riddle...". Gandalf raises his eyebrows at what he said. "Speak friend and enter. What's the Elvish for friend ?"

"Oh...Mellon" Gandalf sys in realization. With that, the rocks face silently divides in the middle and two great doors swing outwards, revealing a blackness depper than the night. As the fellowship enters the blackness, something in the water stirs...

"So, master elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the dwarves; roaring fires, malt beer, red meat off the bone. This, my friend, is the home of my cousin, Balin" Gimli talks with Legolas, though (Y/N) doesn't understand why Gimli is being so nice with him. "and they call this a Mine..." Gimli snorts "A mine !". 

A glow from Gandalf's staff suddenly lights the chamber, the fellowship recoil in Horro. Many dwarf skeletons are strewn about, clearly the dead of some old battle, the rusting armor and shields are peppered with arrows and axes. 

(Y/N) steps back in shock, accidentally bumping into someone that was standing right behind him. The figure behind grabs his arm, almost like pulling me in a shielding manor. 

"This is no mine...it's a tomb !" Boromir yells out. 

"Oh..no..no..no" Gimli repeats the same words over and over. Grief and shock taking over. 

The body behind (Y/N) suddenly moves, moving a bit in the light that's coming from Gandalfs staff. Revealing to be...Legolas. While his brother is experiencing the shock  of seeing most of his family tree dead in the same place, (Y/N) is standing in shock knowing that Legolas was shielding him from seeing the dead around. 

While everyone was having their moment, Legolas pulls a crude arrow out of a skeleton.

"Goblins !" Legolas hastly yells out. The fellowship draw swords and back away towards the entrance.

"We make for the gap of Rohan. We should never have come here." Boromir reasons angrily, completely done with today. 

Frodo is suddenly pulled to the ground. A long sinuous  tentacle is wrapped around Frodo's ankle and is dragging him towards the lake. 

Could today get any worse !?

(A/N)

Anyways, slowly starting to include some stuff between Legolas and (Y/N). Im not really into slow-burns, but i feel like this might accidentaly turn into one. I started a small buisness, selling parrot portraits by owners sent photos. Digital and on Canvas. Got my first client, she ordered 2 canvas portraits of her 2 cockatiels. So excited. 40euro in my wallet :D

Also, life update, got into my Fave school !! Gonna go to a technical school RMMT, photography. So excited. Hopefully ill have time to write once school starts, cause im really getting my motivation back.

Hope yall are having a good day !!