Injury

A/N Shout out to Nobodysaiditwouldbethishard and Aaronna for encouraging me to continue this story, thanks to you both. Set in Season 4 after "The Wicked Day" and before "Lancelot du Lac". BTW this story is from my Fanfiction account, therefore the shout outs.

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin; all rights go to BBC.

Lord Edwin and his three knights were very secretive, no servants that worked for them were ever seen outside and any servants that didn't work for them were never aloud inside the mansion. Nobody really thought much of it, especially when they saw a couple of bruises on a servants neck as he was readying the three knights and Lord Edwin for the journey to Camelot. They knew that he abused his servants and thought they were like dirt but nobody ever said anything out of fear of what he might do to them if they did. Arthur had a feeling that he was beating some of the servants at the castle but he had no proof so there was nothing he could do. He didn't worry to much and ordered Merlin to stay away from him at all costs, as a precaution of course; it was hard to come by a half-decent servant. He was so busy with all the dinners, training, and reports he didn't notice the bruises starting to show up around Merlin's neck. Of course the knights of the Round Table noticed when Merlin arrived at training one day. Percival was the first one to notice then Gwaine begin to see dark blue and purple bruises surrounding the top of his neckerchief. Percival snuck of the field while Arthur was sparring Elyan and Leon was sparring with Gwaine, he headed over to Merlin who was sitting on a bench just outside the training field.

"Hey you alright, you have bruises right here." Percival asked as he dropped into the seat next to him, motioning to him neck. Merlin immediately pulled his neckerchief up to hide the bruise and gave Percival some lame excuse about him being clumsy and him falling. Which made Percival even more nervous because Merlin rarely lied to the Knights as they were able to tell when he was lying.

"PERCIVAL! Get over here!" Arthur screamed from across the field where he was finishing up sparring with Elyan. Lord Edwin and his three knights walk onto the field as Percival goes over to see what Arthur needed. They shove past the knights of Camelot and walked like they were better than them.

"Arthur, I think there's something wrong with Merlin. He's been acting quieter and has bruises on surrounding his neck." Percival whispers to the king as Gwaine voices his agreement. Arthur casts a concerned look over at Merlin finally noticing the dark blue and purple bruises covering his neck, Arthur's hand found the hilt of his sword in less than a second and he looked murderous. Lord Edwin and his Knights cast a proud smirk over at the King's manservant, put the smirk turned more evil upon seeing the bruises surrounding his neck. Gwaine, who noticed the look the Lord sent towards Merlin, grabbed his sword and glared at the four visitors.

"Gwaine, do you have any idea who did this?" Arthur asked motioning over to Merlin.

"No but I have an idea, Lord Edwin and his knights." Gwaine growled grabbing his sword and attacks a dummy near him. The other Knight of Camelot turn to see Gwaine killing a straw filled dummy, some rolled their eyes and then turn back to training. Lord Edwin and his knights scoff, surprised Arthur let his knights act like maniacs.

"Merlin! Get over here now!" Arthur yelled across the training field, Edwin smirked when he saw Merlin stand up and re-due his neckerchief to hide the bruises. He walked over to the Knights of the Round Table.

"What do you need Arthur?" He asked, and Edwin and his knights glare over at the manservant, they would have to teach him another "lesson" tonight.

"Grab the timer from the bench and time Gwaine and Percival fighting." Arthur commanded as he sat on the bench and watched as Gwaine and Percival got into fighting stance.