Villagers

A/N Okay, thank you everyone that sent in prompts. You can keep sending them in but I can't promise I'll get to them immediately. I'll write them down and stick it in a bucket, where I'll draw one and free write for that prompt. If I change them up a little, I'm really sorry, I was in a hurry to write them. Also in this one The Knights of the Round Table know of Merlin's magic.

Prompt: Merlin goes back to Ealdor(sorry if I didn't spell it right)to visit Hunith and the Knights tag along for "protection". When they arrive to the village they find that the people there aren't model citizens when it comes to Merlin. Prompt from Thornsword.

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin.

The Knights of the Round Table all sat on horseback, perfectly flanking the King and his "manservant". Even though neither would ever admit it, they were like brothers. They were all heading towards an outlying village on the border of Camelot and Lot's Kingdom, normally the knights wouldn't have bother to go if it wasn't for the servant. This was, after all his home and where his mother was, besides they have to protect their King. However, unlike normal patrols or trips they weren't serious, but then again they rarely were. Merlin and King Arthur were both bickering and the rest of the knights were listening to one of Gwaine's tavern stories.

"Merlin?" Arthur starts, fake glaring at the manservant who had a smug grin on his face.

"Yes sire?" Merlin asks sarcasm thick in his voice.

"Shut up." Arthur orders, turning to look at the manservant properly. If anyone else had spoken to the King that way then they would've been if the stock within an instant, but of course it was Merlin and Arthur would never hurt him. Laughter fled loudly the group as they slowly began to come over a hill, the village of Ealdor coming into sight. Merlin sighed, not sure if he was happy or worried. Since Will's death the villagers blamed Merlin for everything.

"Merlin." Gwaine says nudging the thin man.

"Huh? What?" He says shaking his head, trying to clear it.

"We're here, well says Arthur." Elyan says jumping off his horse, when Merlin looked around he found that only him and Gwaine remained on their horses. Merlin jumped off his horse quickly along with Gwaine. They both take their horses reigns and head down into the village. When the Knights, Merlin, and the King walked into the village everyone bowed but glared at Merlin, which shocked the Knights and King. How could anyone hate clumsy, funloving, loyal to no end Merlin.

"Merlin." Hunith cried throwing her arms around Merlin, who smiles and returns the movement with a joyous cry of "Mother!". All the knights smile at the two, happy for their friend.

"Who are you friends Merlin?" Hunith asks once all of them settled down in Hunith's small house.

"Well you already know Arthur, but that's Percival, Gwaine, Elyan, and Leon." Merlin says turning to each of them in a turn.

"It's nice to meet you, Gwen's told me lots about you." Elyan says, smiling down at Merlin's mother.

"It's wonderful to meet you all." Hunith says smiling at all of them, "You all must be starving. I am truly sorry if it's not what you're use to."

"Mother don't worry, most of them grew up as commoners." Merlin laughs softly while Hunith smiles softly at her son. Gwaine and Elyan start to unload the horses as Arthur helps Merlin set up an area for the knights. Leon lead the horses out back and tied them up. Percival however was left without a job.

"Miss, do you need anything." Percival asks Hunith, who smiles gratefully.

"No thank you, I'm good, actually can you hand me the bowls from up there."Hunith asks, pointing up to the bowls on the counter. Percival easily grabbed them and set them down on the counter. She smiles up at him and he leaves the cottage. Merlin had left right before Percival and the other knights soon join Percival in heading around back.

*With Merlin*

"Why are you even here! We don't care for you anymore, we can't stand you. So why are you here?!" One of the villagers yells while two others pin the servant down, and one more brings a whip forward. Two other villagers help get Merlin's shirt off. The town blacksmith takes the whip and brings it down on Merlin's bare back. He silently counted, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. He screamed out every single time the whip cracked across his bare skin. After nine flogs he fell into unconsciousness and that's when the Knights of Camelot round the corner to where Merlin was being flogged repeatedly.

"Stop!" Elyan cried as Gwaine and Leon advanced swords drawn and Percival stood protectively over Merlin, who was completely unconscious.

"Why, he doesn't deserve to live. If you even knew who he was, you would kill him too. He has magic." One of the villagers growls as the blacksmith takes the whip down on Merlin's back a couple more times till the blacksmith realized there was a sword at his throat. Percival quickly gathers Merlin up in his arms and disappears out of sight.

"Down, down on you knees." Gwaine orders the blacksmith, shoving the man down to his knees, the sword still at his throat. The rest of the villagers scattered running back to their small cottages.

"Now please do tell why you felt so complied as to whip one of my best friends and please do give me a reason not to slit your throat right here and right now." Gwaine growled shoving the sword deeper into the blacksmith's throat.

"We only do this because we care more for the people of the village than one person that could kill us all." The man growls as Gwaine pushes the sword deeper into his throat, drawing blood. Just before Gwaine killed the man, Percival rounded the corner.

"Guys, Arthur wants him alive. But that's not why I'm here, we need some help. Merlin's dying." Percival whispers giving Gwaine a pointed look, who sighed and lowered his sword, glaring at the young man. Percival grabs the man by the neck and drags him to Hunith's small cottage. Gwaine, Elyan, and Leon all ran back inside, slightly gasping when they see the many lashes criss-crossing Merlin's back. Arthur was trying and failing at stopping the blood flow. Gwaine instantly picked up a rag and started helping him. Hunith appeared about two minutes later with a first aid kit.

"Let me, miss." Percival says taking the kit and opening it. She looks at him with a shocked look, that he would be so willing to help her son.

*A couple weeks later*

"Is he ever gonna wake?" Arthur asks looking over at his friend, who was still in a coma.

"I can't tell for sure, but I do know it's not safe to move him." Hunith replies looking over at her son. Leon, Elyan, and Percival had rode back to Camelot about a week ago but Gwaine and Arthur stayed. They didn't want to ride back but they had no choice.

"Arthur...mother?" A soft voice asks from across the room. Both of them swivel around turning to look at who called them, both smiling when they see that Merlin was sitting up staring at the two of them. Arthur ran over to his bed side along with Hunith.

"Merlin, are you alright?" Arthur asks laying a hand on Merlin's shoulder.

"I hurt, all over but I will be fine, eventually." Merlin whispers smiling at his mother.

"Wow, such a great observation." Arthur laughs sarcastically though he knew everything would soon be okay.

A/N Yes I realize this was probably my worse chapter yet but I don't really care. Also keep sending in requests please, they're really helpful. Even if you don't have an account still send a review if you have an idea or anything thanks.