Silence

A/N Okay, I'm sooooo sorry I haven't been updating, I've had a lot to do. I was grounded for two weeks and my finals were this week and we've spent the last 4 to 5 weeks studying for them. I'll probably be updating more often now as my summer break has finally began, I'm officially done with 7th grade. I hope you enjoy this story and I appreciate all the suggestions, keep sending them in. This story isn't actually a suggestion from here, it was from one of my friends. So thanks for that.

"This is 'im." The trader said, shoving a the dark haired boy in front of him.

'What does he do?" The buyer asked, looking down at the insanely malnourished boy.

"'e's great for labor, practically a servant." The slave trader said, kicking the young man back to the ground.

"We'll take him." The buyer says hurriedly taking out some gold coins. The slave trader, Khal eyed them greedily.

"Up boy!" Khal ordered and the dark haired boy scrambled to his feet, schooling his expression as to not show pain. He was shoved again towards the blond haired buyer this time. The boy once again fell but quicly regained his footing.

"Did 'e say you could stand boy!" Khal growled, shoving the boy down to the ground once more.

"Let's go." The blond haired buyer said pulling the dark haired boy to his feet. He dropped the coins in Khal's waiting hand and him and his companions turned and left.

*Later*

Not until they were miles from the trader did Arthur finally trust his voice.

"Merlin, you alright?" Arthur asked. Merlin nods but doesn't say anything, his eyes had already lost their spark before this whole ordeal, now they were haunted. Gwaine lays a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"You're alright now mate." Gwaine whispers taking a seat next to him. Merlin visibly relaxes and Arthur couldn't help the small smile that came across his face. Merlin was safe, even if he refused to speak, he was still safe with his friends. Warmth fell upon Arthur's back and he turned to find Percival had started a fire, both Gwaine and Arthur move Merlin to the fire. He had obviously been drugged, anyone could tell that. Merlin's blue eyes were dilated and he was shaking. Merlin curled into a ball and fell asleep almost instantly, Arthur draped his cloak over the sleeping boy.

"I'll take first watch, okay princess." Gwaine mutters to the King, who still hadn't taken his eyes off his best friend. The King nods, settling himself down next to his best friend. In the three weeks that Merlin had been gone, Arthur had never gave up. Even though he didn't like the situation he had found his manservant in, he was thankful he was alright. That night, three weeks ago when Merlin was kidnapped was still vivid in Arthur's mind. It was after all his fault that he was tortured and severely malnourished.

The fall air blew past the horses and their riders, bringing a chill with it. They all were silent as the Knights of the Round Table, their King, and Merlin had just entered Cenred's land. It was not uncommon for slave traders to be waiting on the border between Camelot and Cenred's Kingdom. They rode as quickly as they could without causing to much noise. Adromeda, Leon's mare neighed loudly and took off, rider in tow. The moment the horse disappeared, Elyan and Percival rode after it. However Arthur, Gwaine, and Merlin were silent as they waited. Well until Merlin pointed towards the tree where Adromeda had been. A bolt stuck out of it, by the look of it, the bolt had been aimed towards Merlin. Courage, Strength, and Magic were all looking at the bolt, not excepting what was to come. Another bolt flew towards Merlin, if it wasn't for Gwaine then Merlin would've been hit.
"Run!" Arthur shouted but he wasn't quick enough, bandits and slave traders alike surround them.
"Merlin go." Gwaine orders, and Arthur, who would never admit it, was secretly happy. Of course, he should've known that he wouldn't leave, not without his friends. Why did Merlin have to be such a stubborn arse? The battle was difficult, with Strength and Courage trying to protect each other and their best friend. It came to no shock to those who knew of the prophecy's that Strength would try to protect Magic, it was after all said that Strength was the eternal protector of the warlock. Arthur 's sword was knocked far out of his hand and as hard as he tried he still wasn't able to save Merlin. They could've won, if luck had been on their side, where was all the suddenly falling branches or mini earth tumors that knocked the bandits off their feet yet the Knights always stayed standing? By the time bandits were gone and the others had caught Leon's panicked mare, Merlin was gone. That had been three weeks ago.