Advisor

A/N Here is the first of the planned chapters, I am REALLY happy I got inspiration for this and I hope you all like them! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin

"You will learn your place, you are just a lowly servant." Sir Ethan growls.

"Stop acting as if you are on equal footing with us, WE are knights, you however, are just a servant. You will never be on equal footing with us! We are of noble blood, you aren't." Sir Alec sneers, glaring down at the younger man on the ground.

"And not to mention the way you speak to our king! It's completely unacceptable! You will NOT do it again, it will not be tolerated!" Sir Ethan orders. That is what made Arthur stop, there was only one person who acted, no, was on equal foot with the knights and the king. Only one person that talked to said king in a way most people would find "unacceptable" and only one that was a servant. So, Arthur rounds the corner, finding himself facing the backs of two senior knights standing over a servant, his servant, who was curled into a ball.

"Sir Ethan! Sir Alec! What do you think you are doing!?" Arthur demands as he strides towards his "knights". If the situation wasn't so upsetting, Arthur would've laughed at the knights shocked look.

"A...Arthur..." Merlin murmurs as the king kneels next to him. Merlin was pale but looked mostly unharmed, he did, however, have a few bruises covering his face and arms. There were some hand prints covering his upper arms, as if he'd been grabbed. Seeing this, Arthur's anger flares, making him want to strangle the knights that still stood in front of her.

"Sire...he needs-" Sir Alec begins, not seeming even a bit sorry for how he treated the best friend of the king.

"I don't care what you think he needs, dismissed!" Arthur growls, glaring at the knights who scurry away, not making eye-contact with the king.

"Merlin? What happened?" Arthur whispers, helping the servant up.

"I was coming back from the kennels, to make sure your dogs were fine, and then stopped by the armory, so my hands were full so I was heading back to your room to put up the armor and I accidentally ran into them, they pushed me back, telling me to watch where I was going. I told them they couldn't treat me like this and well...Sir Alec picked me up, slamming me into the wall, yelling about how I thought I was a knight, even though I know I'm not and I kept telling them that. Then they were going on about how I needed to "learn my place" or how "I'm just a lowly servant" and I guess you saw the rest." Merlin murmurs, moving to pick up the armor that had scattered across the floor.

"Merlin, you're not a knight, we both know that, but you aren't just a lowly servant either. You know your place, it's next to me, writing my treaties, re-reading stuff to make sure I didn't make any major mistakes, cause if an idiot like you can spot it, I definitely need to rewrite it." Arthur assures, "You have the rest of the week off, I'll have George serve me till then."

"Thanks Arthur." Merlin whispers, watching Arthur walk off.

"MERLIN! My armor!" Arthur calls back, making Merlin realize he was still carrying the king's armor. Merlin hurries after Arthur, walking into the king's room and setting the armor down.

"I am honestly worried to see what state this room is in once I come back!" Merlin jokes, ducking out of the room as a goblet is thrown at him.

"See you next week Merlin." Arthur shouts as Merlin leaves.

*the next day*

"Gauis? Is Merlin here?" Arthur asks, poking his head in the physician's chambers.