Sword

A/N I am FINALLY back! My finals were horrendous! Anyway, I was able to write while I waited for the next one so this happened.

Prompt: Merlin gets sliced with a sword and it gets infected, all while Arthur is completely oblivious. Prompt from my irl friend who kept begging me to pick this story back up so I got inspired and BOOM! xD

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin

"MERLIN!" Gwaine shouts, even though he knew it was too late, the servant fell to the ground as the man on the horse sliced him across the chest. All the Knights of the Round Table saw and slightly surround him in a protective manner. Slowly, the knights managed to drive the mercenaries away. Almost immediately the knights were next to the servant, Gwaine propping Merlin against a tree.

"Merlin?" Percival whispers, giving the servant a concerned look.

"Is he...well is he alright?" Leon asks, looking over his shoulder to make sure Arthur was alright before joining his brothers-in-arms next to the servant. This servant is going to be the death of us, and himself! Leon thought.

"He's fine, just a bit dazed by the looks of it." Percival answers as the servant looks around, confused. Merlin takes a shaky breath, wincing ever so slightly.

"Merlin, mate, you good?" Gwaine asks, watching the servant with worry.

"I've honestly had worse..." Merlin mumbles, "can one of you pass me the medical bag? I need to patch this up before it gets worse." Merlin motions to the sword wound across his chest.

"Here, honestly Merlin, there is no way you can do it yourself, well not as good as it needs to be." Elyan says as he helps the servant wrap the bandage around his wound.

"Merlin! We need the medical supplies over here! Lord Reyes needs to be patched up!" Arthur calls from the other side of the camp, oblivious to what was happening with his servant.

"Duty calls. Thank you Elyan." Merlin sighs, nodding to Elyan in respect before moving, slowly, to the other side of the camp. Arthur glares at him slightly, not happy with him moving so slowly. Gwaine sighs as he stands, he stops to think for a minute before beginning to break camp.

"We should break camp, as one Merlin is busy and two, he is injured. I understand Arthur wants to make a good impression on this lord and knights breaking camp while a servant is present will not provide that yet I feel like we should, all that moving could irritate his wound." Gwaine says as the knights nod, standing with him.

"Gwaine, Lord Reyes is very traditional, he won't like this one bit. That's not going to help or stop you is it?" Leon laughs, picking up the bed rolls. When Gwaine shakes his head, the rest of the knights join in laughing. Merlin looks behind him upon hearing laughter and once he sees what is happening, he can't help the smile that spreads across his face. Destiny may be cruel but it has it's good points, especially if it means getting friends such as them, Merlin thought as he finishes looking over the visiting lords small shoulder wound.

"Sire, what are your knights doing?" Lord Reyes asks, wincing as the king's servant applies a paste onto his wound, "Careful would you! I would like to not be in pain, why else would I ask you to patch me up?" Merlin looks down, muttering a quick "Sorry." under his breath while looking for the bandages.

"Hmm...Sirs Gwaine, Elyan, Percival, and Leon, what are you doing?" Arthur shouts, standing to face his knights. This lord it very traditional! He would surely cancel the treaty if he found out this was a normal occurrence! It was fine when they were alone or with some other lord, but Lord Reyes would not tolerate this! Arthur thought as his knights continue to pack the camp.