Chapter 13

"UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THAT'S NOT MY FAULT- OOF-" I screamed, running away and tripping on air.

Kazuha helped me up and sighed. "Come on, Y/N. You can just earn the money back from our next paycheck."

"But, I didn't even buy the alcohol... can't mom pay it? It's her husband." I rolled my eyes.

"Like I've said for the past 10 minutes. Your. Mother. Won't. Pay."

"THEN WHY DO I HAVE TO?! ACTUALLY WHY ARE YOU EVEN ASKING ME?"

"Please stop yelling. Your mother told me you would gladly pay for her."

"HUH?! AND YOU F*CKING BELIEVED HER? SHE'S INSANE! YOU'RE INSANE!"

Diluc, the owner of a famous wine industry, (he's also in one of my classes) came up to me today, demanded I pay for all the alcohol my father had stolen before he was arrested. I tried to tell him, it's not my problem and I shouldn't be held responsible but he won't f*cking listen. To make things worse, mom thinks she can put all her problems onto me, like I'M NOT THE ONE WHO PROMISED TO TAKE CARE OF DAD! I'M NOT THE MARRIED ONE HERE (not yet)!

(A/N: Ignore that second pair of parenthesis 😧)

Diluc pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "If you won't pay, then I will not be the one to convince your mother. Either you convince her or you pay."

"I'm starting to think you're insanely stupid. What kind of stupid 17 year old would pay for their father's mistakes? Actually you know what, I'm going to shut up and convince my mother, okay?"

"I'm giving you until the end of this week to get SOMEONE to pay me back."

I looked back at Diluc in disgust and grabbed Kazuha, walking away.

Just you watch, Strawberry head. I'll get mom to pay up and shut your mouth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, you could've just paid up and you wouldn't have to go through all this." Aether sighed.

"I know, but I've practically cut ties with my parents so there's no reason for me to take care of their problems."

"Ooooh, did you hear that? Famous little Y/N, got into troubleeeeeee." I heard a 4NEMO fangirl loudly whisper to her friends. I've gotten a lot of haters just for being close with the boys.

"Sounds like she's got not only mommy issues but daddy issues as well."

I turned around and glared at them. I thought about punching their stupid plastic faces, but Xiao walked up to them.

"Oh hey, Xiao! Did you need something?" One of the the girls asked like nothing had happened.

Xiao ignored her and walked up to the two girls that had been mocking me. The two blushed like crazy because they thought they were getting their precious little time with him. How stupid.

"Xiao-" without another word, Xiao slapped one of them.

"Mind you own damn business. If I hear any of you talking sh*t about Y/N again, I'll make sure it's more than just a slap on your make up filled face."

I ran to Xiao and grabbed his arm. "Xiao, stop it! You'll get in trouble!"

Xiao didn't listen and began rolling up his sleeves. Aether and Venti had to help hold him back before anything else happened while Kazuha was trying to explain the situation to a teacher who heard the commotion. In the end, the two girls and Xiao were sent to the principal's office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so sorry, Xiao! Next time don't do anything stupid like that, okay?"

"I did that myself. Don't tell me what not to do." Xiao glared and I glared back.

"Come on, guys. We still have a busy day today, so let's not fight." Kazuha said pulling the two of us apart.

"Yeah, Xiao! That's not cool!" Venti chimed in.

Aether covered Venti's mouth, shaking his head. "You're going to provoke him further, Venti."

"I heard you guys caused a commotion with some fans today?" a serious voice said behind us.

We all turned around to see an angry and stressed out Jean. I could feel the air grow tense. It's understandable since seeing Jean, I now know that Jean is incredibly frightening when she's angry. Let's just say we all ran for our lives back to Kazuha's house to try and avoid a scolding we still ended up getting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------