Chapter 18

"... P-please... let... go..."

"..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's so bright...

"Y/N! Wake... up...!"

"Kazuha...?"

I opened my eyes, gasping for air. I couldn't make out anything. Everything was blurry. What was going on? When my vision cleared up a bit I saw Kazuha next to me, sleeping. I looked around and it looked like your stereotypical hospital room.

"Ha... I did something stupid didn't I...?" I panted, trying to breath in as much air as I could. I couldn't remember anything that happened. Why was I in the hospital? 

Someone then, opened the door and walked in with someone following behind them. I guessed that the first guy was the doctor, but the guy behind him surprised me. It was Albedo. The doctor walked up beside the bed, trying not to disturb Kazuha, and began looking through a computer. She wrote a few things down and handed it to Albedo. Albedo gave me a small smile before leaving the room.

"How are you feeling, dear?" the doctor whispered to me.

I took in a few more deep breaths before responding. "Dizzy... Ha... What happened?"

"You were found unconscious at your school. We assumed you were choked based on the blue tint on your face and your damaged windpipe."

Albedo came back in with a sticky note and a few medical supplies. The doctor thanked him and began preparing a shot. She held up my right arm. "Don't worry. It'll just be a small prick, okay?"

I slightly nodded, being unable to move very much. A few seconds later, I felt a bandage being placed on. I saw the doctor nod towards Albedo and leave the room.

"You gave everyone quite the scare, Y/N."

I made a weak smile towards Albedo before looking towards Kazuha, patting his head. "How long has he been here for?"

"All night."

"All night?"

"Yes."

Kazuha's face twisted into a uncomfortable one and he woke up. He rubbed his eyes a few times before realizing I was awake.

"You're awake! I'm really sorry, Y/N. I- I should've been there for you and-"

"Kazuha..."

He stopped and looked at me expectantly, firmly grabbing my hand.

"I'm glad you're okay..." I began wiping a few tears on Kazuha's face that he was unable to continue suppressing. Albedo walked out of the room, giving a thumbs up before leaving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N! I'M *hic* SO SORRY! ARE YOU OKAY? *hic*" Venti sobbed.

I was sitting up on the bed, no longer gasping for air. Aether, Xiao, Venti, and Jean had come to visit. The doctor told me not to speak too much, just in case, so I responded by giving a thumbs up and a smile.

Xiao looked slightly irritated and I tilted my head to signal that I was curious. Aether tapped Xiao's shoulder. "Xiao, I think she wants to know why you look extra grumpy today." he said with a giggle.

Xiao looked at me and then quickly looked away. "I'm gonna kill the bastard that did this..." he scowled.

Jean shook her head disappointedly. Then, she looked towards me and said, "I had the principal look through the security cameras and we had the guy expelled. Don't worry too much okay, Y/N?"

I laughed before quickly regretting it, as I violently coughed into my arm. My eye twitched in annoyance and I tried to flop back onto the bed only for my head to hit the wall.

"Ugh..." I groaned.

Kazuha began rubbing my head. "Stop being so reckless. You need to recover still."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 days later...

"Who was the guy that attacked me though?"

Kazuha seemed a little hesitant to answer but he still did. "His name is Ajax, but he goes by Tartaglia or Childe."

"Childe...? That's a weird name... isn't he the ginger everyone talks about?"

"I guess you could put it that way."

"Why would he attack me? I've never talked with him or anything..."

"Recently Jean found out that he's part of the gang called the Fatui. They might be targeting you for something..."

I frowned. Why would the Fatui want anything with me? That's just stupid.

"PFT-"

I glared at him. "Why are you laughing, Kazuha?"

"HAHA! I'm sorry! You look so concentrated, that it's kind of funny!"

"H-hey!"

Kazuha calmed down and smiled at me. "Don't worry, Y/N. I'll make sure they don't get close to you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you guys so much for 1k reads! I didn't expect this story to do so well. Anyways sorry this chapter is kinda short, but I wanted to add some drama and stuff yk? Hehe. See you tmrw!