Chapter 22

An endless maze of dark hallways stretched across. A pained scream echoed. 

"Y/n! Y/n!" the boy cried as he ran through the corridors.

The boy's companion followed behind as tall and big men chased after them. Guns shot, bullets ricochet off of the walls, and walls crumbled. A small candle lit the dim hallway. The sight in front of them, was a bleeding girl, tied tightly onto a chair. Her once cheerful eyes, slowly losing their gleam.

A short purple haired boy stood over the dying girl, blood staining his pale hands. While a taller copy of the girl watched the scene amused, but somewhat worried.

"Y/n!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kazuha breathed heavily as he recalled the events from the previous week. It was the middle of the night and y/n slept quietly beside the shaken boy. The sight of her made him feel relieved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kazuha's POV)*

"Calm down, Kazuha. Y/n's alright now." I whispered.

Carefully lifting y/n's sleeve, I made sure her shoulder was alright, along with her other injuries. They were still bandaged, but I knew they were healing. I laid back in bed and covered my eyes, unable to sleep.

"Kazu...? Are you okay?" I heard around half an hour later.

I uncovered me eyes and smiled. "Don't worry. I'm fine."

Y/n slipped her arms around me and buried her head into the blankets. "I know you're not. You haven't been sleeping well lately. I'm worried, Kazu."

"You always see through me don't you?" I sighed.

"If you won't sleep, I won't sleep either."

"Y/n, you're still healing. You need to sleep."

"And you are a famous singer. What is the public going to think, if you're always tired and have dark circles around your eyes? You need to sleep, too."

Turning towards y/n, I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Alright. I get it, just go to sleep."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n's POV)*

Today was another day of practice, except today the group was coming up with a new song. Jean and I don't do very much when this happens, but I still find it fun to listen and watch to.

"NO NO NO NO! IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS!" Venti yelled.

"What the f*ck are you talking about? That sounds terrible."

"Why don't we just combine your ideas, that way it'll rhyme as well?"

"Leave it up to the poem geek to come up with that one." Aether laughed.

The 4 boys continued to talk (argue and compromise) about the song. I noticed Kazuha getting tired again and asked, "Why don't we take a small break guys?"

They all agreed and set everything related to the new song to the side and began having a small conversation. Jean gave me a thumbs up and I smiled.

"You're tired again aren't you? Do you want some coffee or anything?"

Kazuha looked at me and smiled. "Yes, coffee would be great."

"I'll be right back, then."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE GOING TO GET DRINKS???"

Venti leaped onto me and a sharp pain spread through my wounded shoulder.

"OW OW OW!"

He backed off quickly and began apologizing. "I'm really sorry, y/n! I forgot about your injuries!"

"Don't worry about it." I replied, trying to get Venti to stop as he kept apologizing.

Aether pushed Venti away and onto the couch, patting his shoulder to comfort him. I handed the coffee to Kazuha and took my spot next to Jean again. Xiao had taken a nap, and Venti who was still recovering, slapped Xiao. Rest in peace, Venti./j

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, your wounds are nearly recovered and we can take your bandages off soon. They will still hurt so don't be too reckless." Albedo said as he observed my wounds under the supervision of another doctor.

"Thanks. Also, why are you even working here, Albedo?"

"Hm? I got an internship early so I thought I would try it."

"Of course you did." I sighed.

Albedo laughed. "You're free to go now. Make sure to set up your next appointment at the front."

I waved to Albedo before leaving the room. Kazuha greeted me when I got down and I set up my appointment and we left.

"Finally got yourself medical insurance?" Kazuha teased.

"Shut up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Next chapter is probably last before the epilogue.