Chapter 14

"Y/N, you've been staring at your phone very intensely for the past half an hour..."

"I know, Xiangling, but how do I convince my mom to pay Diluc back?"

"Oh so that's what you're thinking about. Sorry, I can't help with that." Xiangling stuck her tongue out playfully and went back to cooking costumer's orders.

Maybe I should just call her...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?"

"Hey mom. I need to talk with you."

"Oh, sure. By the way did you pay to the red head of what was it? Uh..."

"So you really did put your problem onto me, huh?"

"Sweetie, that was never my problem. You were the one taking care of your father were you not?"

Now that really got on my nerves. "As if I would take care of the man you said you would love all your life." I replied with a mocking tone.

"Do not talk back to me like that! He is still your father and you can pay for him when I cannot."

"Oh, did mommy go broke after her one trip to grandma and grandpa?"

"Y/N! Stop right now. I'm not paying for a criminal and plus you are working for a famous band, you can surely pay off your father's debt."

"..."

"Do you understand me?"

"I'll sue you."

I hear mom gasp on the other side of the phone before yelling angrily at someone nearby. "Samuel, I told you already. I'm not paying for my ex-husband!"

"And I've told you not to place your alcohol issues onto your 17 year old daughter! At her age, she is still not a legal adult yet!"

"Whose side are you on?!"

"Your daughter's! Listen to me, or I'll leave you just like you did to your family!"

It was interesting to listen to mom and her new "boyfriend" fight. Mom angrily talked into the phone again. "Fine, come to the house tomorrow and I'll give you the check for the red-head."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kazuha, do you know where Angel's Share is?"

Kazuha looked at me confused. "Did you illegally buy some alcohol or something? Why do you need to- Oh, wait. Is it for your father's debt to Diluc?"

I nodded my head. 

"Why don't you just search it up? It's quite a large attraction to many people, I'm sure you would be able to find it."

I blinked a few times. "Oooohhhhhhhhhhh. I'm so stupid."

Kazuha laughed and continued to cook dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I think of it... why didn't I tell mom to hand the money to Diluc herself? I mean who would want to go into a bar full of drunk people? Actually is it even legal for me to enter a bar?

I hesitantly opened the door and saw a tall an with brown hair at the front. "Excuse me? I uh... came to pay a debt for my father."

"Oh, you must be the one Master Diluc told me to keep an eye out for. Let me go get him real quick. He would like to speak with you actually."

"Oh uh... okay?"

I stood there fidgeting with the envelope. Maybe I should've asked Kazuha to come with me... I waited a few minutes before the man came back with Diluc.

"Hehe. What did I tell you? I convinced mom to give the money." I said with faked-confidence.

Diluc sighed in response. "Don't act all high and mighty just because you got the money now. Come with me to my office. I need to talk with you for a bit."

I walked into his office and it was actually pretty small. Well, smaller than I thought, but it was still very big. I placed the envelope on the desk and sat down in front of it. Diluc handed me a piece of paper from one of the shelves.

"I found this when your father came in last time. Why don't you read over it?"

"Isn't that what normal people would do when you give them a piece of paper?" I joked and began reading the note.

The note talked was addressed to mom and me. It talked about how he had planned to go to jail on purpose to "atone for past mistakes" or something. I blankly stared at the paper before throwing it back onto the desk.

"Okay, well is that all you wanted to show me or what?"

"I expected more of a reaction than that... but yes. Perhaps you could go give this to the police. I'm not supposed to tell you this next part but... uh..."

"Spit it out, Strawberry head."

Diluc glared at me. He was clearly annoyed. "There's been a private investigation on your father for 7 years before he was arrested. It was only recently that they were able to get concrete evidence on him including a recording your mother sent. If you send this in, there's a chance it can help your reputation-"

"There's no need for me to turn this in, but I appreciate your concern." I stood up and began walking to the door. "I've cut ties with my parents the moment they decided to... divorce. I don't care about what happens to them anymore... unless maybe if they died I would care, but you know."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know I posted that I wouldn't be making another chapter today and maybe tomorrow but my mom came home early so I was able to post :D I wanted to write a part about Kazuha wearing an apron because I thought it would be cute but idk how to include it so I didn't put it in. :( Anyways I hope you enjoyed <3