chapter two

Halloween. is the best night of the year. Tina was handing out sheets for her Halloween party.

As she handed me one I smiled and said thanks. I saw Billy get one of course, now that he is popular and is liked by all the girls.

I stopped Billy in the middle of the hallway which startled him at first.

"Are you coming to the Party?" I asked. hoping that he would. I am hoping because he makes parties more enjoyable... and chaotic, in a good way.

"Hell yeah! Are you going?" he asked.

"Yeah! Steve has been waiting to go with me for a while now." As I said Steve's name he snuck up behind me and lifted me up

"Oh my gosh, Steve! let me go!" I said giggling.

He let me go and pushed me into the locker, smirking at me.

"Hey doll," he kissed me gently but roughly at the same time. I giggled as he kissed me, I kissed back harsher and put my hands in his hair. I pulled away and saw Billy standing there awkwardly.

"Oh um-" I was about to apologize to Billy for that, that was until I got interrupted by Steve's lips on mine.

I opened my eyes and saw Billy walking away from Steve and me. I felt horrible but I knew he didn't mind.

-time skip after school-

"Do you need a ride home?" Steve asked.

"No!" Steve looked at me in shock from the way I responded.

"Sorry I didn't mean to yell. what I meant was, I can't because my dad is going to pick me up ." I said trying not to sound suspicious. I wish he could pick me up at my house, but then he would know where I lived and that meant danger towards eleven.

"Okay then. I'll pick you up by the gas station then?" He asked. I smiled at him and nodded my head.

"Okay! um, ill pick you up at 7:30!" he kissed my forehead and left.

As Steve left the parking lot I sat at the school bench waiting for my dad to arrive. I closed my eyes and rested my head in my hands.

I heard someone sit next to me, so logically I lifted my head from my hands to see.

"Hey (nickname), waiting for someone?" Billy asked as he pulled out a pack of cigars.

"Yeah, my dad," I said as I looked at Billy, popping the cigar in his mouth and lighting it.

"are you waiting for someone too?" I asked

"yeah, my stupid step-sister Max," he replied. his cigar didn't light up, so he tried to light it again.

"You still smoke, I said before it's not good for you!" I said as he ignored me.

"OkAaY MOM!" He laughed as he ignored my concern. his face dropped as he remembered his mom. I sighed as I saw his reaction. He started to silently cry as he felt that void again.

"Hey, do you want to talk?" I asked, rubbing his back. he nodded and sighed as he began to speak.

"Thanks for being there for me. besides max, you are the closest thing to a sister." He looked up at me and wiped his tears.

"You know, I've only met your mom once, but she was the nicest person I've ever met. she was pretty, and she wouldn't care if you made mistakes, she would still love you."

"Yeah I know but... Ever since max came into my life things have been difficult. It's not her fault I'm always angry or pissed, I feel like my dad is the reason why I'm always pissed. It's many things besides him, I hate to say it but It's also my step-mom. She isn't rude, she's the opposite, she is always trying to protect me from my dad but... She's trying to be my mom, but she never will be." Explained Billy starting to calm down. I saw my dad coming with his police car flashing the lights, signaling that he was there.