chapter seven

As we arrived to the junkyard we started setting up our trap.

10 minutes later we see Lucas coming by...with max?

"Hey guys!" Lucas said as he hopped off the bike, max as well.

"Hey sinclair!" Steve says waving at Lucas.

"Whose that?" Steve says pointing at Max, waiting for Dustin to reply

I notice Dustin staying silent. Ohhh...Max is the girl.

I lean into Steve whispering into his ear, "I think that's the girl Dustin was talking about."

"Oh shit. Poor Dustin." He whispers back. I nod in response and continue setting up our trap.

"Wait...y/n your part if this?!" Max says as she sees me dumping the meat in the middle.

"Sadly, yeah." I say as I let out a sigh. I just want this whole situation to be over.

I noticed Lucas and Dustin talking over by the car. I see how it is, we work, and they get to relax. Steve also notices and walks up to them with a chair in his hand. He startles them by slamming the chair onto the car, making the two boys pay close attention to him.
" Hey dickheads! How come the only y/n and random girl over here are helping me! We lose light in 40 minutes let's go." Steve says, the boys look at eachother and stay still.

"I said let's go!" Steve states again walking towards me.

"ALRIGHT ASSHOLE" Dustin yells following behind Steve.

"Okay! Stupid!" Lucas also remarks.

"Jeez these kids." He sighs starting to baracade the bus. I laugh and sigh kissing Steve on his cheek

"We heard that!" Dustin yells giving Steve a glare.

"They're practice for the future." I wink and walk away to max.

Time skip to the finishing of the trap

As it got darker, we all sat in the bus, Lucas ontop of the vehicle being our look out.

I sat on Steve's lap, watching him play with his lighter.

"So you really fought one of these things before?" Max asks, still not believing everything Lucas told her.

Steve nods his head in response and keeps playing with his lighter.

"Are you like 100 percent sure it wasn't a bear?" Max says still in disbelief.

"Shit. Don't be an idiot, okay? It wasn't a damn bear." Dustin says while pacing around the bus, sounding annoyed at her.

Steve looks at Dustin with pure shock, so does max.

I look between Steve and Dustin knowing it was because of Steve's stupid advice.

"Why are you even here if you dont believe us? Just leave." Dustin says.

"Geesh, someone has a stick up their ass. past your bed time?" Max says, clearly being pissed off at Dustin. She climbs up to were Lucas is.

"That's good. Just show her you don't care." Steve says giving him a pat on the back.

" I don't."

Steve winks at Dustin making Dustin cringe...and me aswell. I think I just got my first ick.

"Steve. Stop winking, just no." Dustin said with a grossed out face.

"Babe...no." I said giving him a disgusted look.