Chapter 5: The Flea and the Acrobat

NO ONE'S POV:

(After Will's funeral, Y/N makes his way through the people who attended & stands in front of Will's headstone.)

(Y/N): [clears throat] So, you and I have never formally met before. That's kind of shocking with Hawkins being a small town and all. Okay.

(He kneels down to the head stone's height.)

(Y/N): I just wanted to say...I want to say that I'm sorry this happened to you. And that I should've found you but I didn't. I know I shouldn't feel responsible but I do. If I just patrolled more maybe I could've...Just know that I'll look out for your friends and be nicer to your brother.

(He stands up from the headstone to see Jonathan & Nancy sitting next to each other so he makes his way to them. Cut to Jonathan & Nancy.)

Jonathan: This is where we know for sure it's been, right?

Nancy: So, that's...

Jonathan: Steve's house.

Jonathan: And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and

Jonathan: And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and...that's my house.

Nancy: It's all so close.

Jonathan: Yeah. Exactly. I mean it's all within a mile or something. Whatever this thing is, it's...it's not traveling far.

Nancy: You want to go out there.

Jonathan: We might not find anything.

Nancy: I found something. And if we do see it...then what?

Jonathan: [sighs] We kill it.

(Y/N): Kill what?

(He walks up to them as Jonathan quickly shoves the map down his pocket.)

Nancy: (Y/N). Oh, uh, nothing.

Jonathan: What are you doing here?

(Y/N): Just thought I'd pay my respects...you know, as I was walking up to you two I couldn't help but overhear what sounded like you two going over a hunt.

Nancy: You're mistaken.

(Y/N): I must be. Because you don't look like the hunting type, Nancy. Jonathan on the other hand...

(He looks at Jonathan.)

Jonathan: What's that supposed to mean?