Chapter 7: The Bathtub

NO ONE'S POV:

(The camera pans over a still unconscious Y/N, laying face down on the floor. The wounds on his back seem to be healing. Cut to Steve, Carol, & Tommy in front of Fair Mart.)

Tommy: Hey.

(He hands Steve some aspirin & a bottle of Coke.)

Tommy: You owe me $1.20. Don't worry, he'll need more than aspirin when we're done with him.

Carol: Yeah, if the creep ever gets out. The cops should just lock him up forever. Did you see the look on his face?

Steve: [groans]

Carol: Oh.

(She softly punches Tommy.)

Tommy: [chuckles] He probably had that same look whenever he killed his brother, right?

Carol: Oh, God, I just got an image of him making that face while he and Nancy are screwing.

Tommy: [chuckles]

Steve: Carol, for once in your life, shut your damn mouth!

Carol: What?

Tommy: Hey, what's your problem, man?

Steve: You're both assholes. That's my problem.

Tommy: Are you serious right now, man?

Steve: Yeah, I'm serious. You shouldn't have done that.

Tommy: Done what?

Steve: You know what.

Tommy: You mean call her out for what she really is? Oh, that's funny, because I don't remember you asking me to stop.

Steve: I should've put that spray paint right down your throat.

Carol: What the hell, Steve?

Steve: You know, neither of you ever cared about her. You never even liked her, because she's not miserable like you two. (Y/N) was right about you two. He would've talked me out of this like a real friend would do. Nancy and him actually care about people.

Carol: The slut with a heart of gold.

Steve: I told you to watch your mouth!

(Tommy pushes Steve.)

Tommy: Hey! I don't know what's gotten into you, man, but you don't talk to her that way.

Steve: Get out of my face.

Tommy: Or what? You gonna fight me now, too? Huh? You gonna fight me now, too? Because you couldn't take Jonathan Byers...and your pal (Y/N) O'Connell ain't here to save you so I wouldn't recommend that.

(Steve enters his car.)

Tommy: That's right. Run away, Stevie boy!

(Steve starts to drive off.)