Chapter 30: The Dive

NO ONE'S POV:

Robin: Not to be a wimp, but maybe can (Y/N) and I sit in the car for this visit?

Steve: Gross. Are you guys gonna...?

(Y/N): Not in Nancy's car. Unless...

Robin: You're joking, right?

(Y/N): Yeah, obviously.

Robin: I want us to stay in the car 'cause this is gonna totally and royally suck.

Nancy: It'll be fine.

Robin: I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't.

Steve: At least he can drink himself into feeling better.

(Y/N): I don't think he'll be feeling better.

Max: It's what my mom does.

Robin: Why don't we give it a trial run? "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, that we told you about and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply, screwed."

Lucas: Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that.

Nancy: "We're one step closer to finding Vecna." That's what we say. That's what's important.

Steve: See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference.

Robin: Uh-huh.

Nancy: Oh shit.

(She drives up to Reefer Rick's to see a bunch of reporters & police. This listen to Chief Powell off to the side.)

Chief Powell: As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight...reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from the house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18 year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney. His limbs...his body, it was disfigured...There was an eyewitness on the scene...We also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward.

Steve: Oh man. This is not good. Really not good.

Eddie: [on walkie] Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?

Dustin: Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?

Eddie: Nah, man. Pretty...Pretty goddamn far from okay.

Robin: Where is he?

Dustin: Where are you?

Eddie: Skull Rock. Do you know it?

Dustin: Uh, yeah. That's near Cornwallis and--
Steve: Garrett, yeah. I know where that is.

(They follow Steve.)

Dustin: Hold tight. We're coming. We're coming.

(Cut to them on their way to Skull Rock. We see Y/N walking with Robin & Nancy. Robin looks back at Max & Lucas.)

Robin: [scoffs] Oh my God, they're so adorable. I just wanna squeeze them, you know?

(Y/N): Oh definitely. Pups in love.

Robin: Why do you always call them pups?

Nancy: You called Mike, Eleven, and Will pups too.

(Y/N): Uh, I thought it was obvious. I call them pups because...they're the babies of my...pack.