Chapter 27: The Monsters and the Superhero

NO ONE'S POV:

(We see Y/N & the others filling Eddie in after getting him some food.)

Dustin: So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?

Eddie: Bad news first, always.

(Y/N): Same, man.

Dustin: All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Celebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced that you killed Chrissy.

Max: Like, 100% kind of convinced.

Eddie: And the good news?

Robin: Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you.

Eddie: Hunt the freak, right?

Robin: Exactly.

Eddie: Shit.

Dustin: So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence.

Eddie: That's all, Dustin? That's all?

Dustin: Yeah, no, that's pretty much it.

Robin: Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a...a few times, and...and I have once. (Y/N) and I had our first kiss after.

(Y/N): [in Irish accent] Pretty bird.

Robin: Yeah?

(Y/N): Off topic.

Robin: Right, um, mine was more human-based, theirs was more smoke-related, and (Y/N) actually fought a bear thing.

(Y/N): It was as tall as a bear.

Robin: The bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this.

Steve: We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so...we still have (Y/N) though!

Dustin: Yes, he's a great ringer.

(Y/N): I've saved them a lot.

Eddie. Wait. No offense, but, what makes you...such a great ringer?

(Y/N): I'm a werewolf.

Eddie: [chuckles] Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

(Y/N): It's okay. I expected this reaction.

Eddie: You expected this reaction? [chuckles]

(He looks at Dustin, Steve, & Max to see that they're not laughing.)

Eddie: You guys aren't laughing...

(He looks at Robin.)

Robin: He's serious.

(He looks at Y/N.)

Eddie: You're a werewolf?

(Y/N): Yes.

Eddie: Like Teen Wolf?

(Y/N): Kinda. I prefer to think of myself more like the werewolves in An American Werewolf in London and The Howling.

Eddie: Prove it.

(Y/N): You want me to prove that I'm a werewolf?

Eddie: Yeah.

(Y/N): Okay, how?

Eddie: Turn into a werewolf.

(Y/N): Right now?