Chapter 5

It was now the end of the day, Veronica got a ride with Emmett and Jasper while Alice went with her brother in their car.

When they arrived, Veronica couldn't help but marvel at how beautiful the house looked. And that was just the outside.

Emmet jumped out from the back of the jeep, and opened Veronica's door for her. Climbing out of the jeep, the woman kept her eyes on the building. Jasper and Emmett looked at each other with smiles on their faces, and lead the their mate inside.

"Your house is amazing" Veronica whispered, as Jasper helped her out of her coat.

"Thank you, Esme would appreciate hearing that" Emmett smiled, taking her hand in his large one and lead her up the stairs towards the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen, Veronica saw a beautiful woman with a heart shaped face and kind eyes.

"Oh, you must be Veronica. It's so lovely to meet you, I'm Esme their mother" She smiled brightly, pulling the Creed woman into a hug.

Veronica was tense at first, being that she hadn't been hugged like this for a very long time, minus her brother.

Feeling a wave of calm flow through her, the woman hugged Esme back. The two pulled away, and behind Esme was a very handsome blonde man who was wearing a doctors coat.

"Hello, Veronica. I'm Carlisle, I'm the father figure in the family" Veronica was surprised by how kind and soft his voice sounded, but she shook his hand and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you both, you have a lovely home by the way" Veronica smiled, more specifically at Esme who's smile brightened even more.

"Thank you, dear. Would you like something to eat or drink?" Esme asked.

"Oh, no you don't have to--" The female Creed started to protest but Esme cut her off.

"Nonsense, let me make you and your brother something" Chuckling awkwardly to herself, Veronica nodded and watched the Cullen woman walk into the kitchen.

Veronica felt a little awkward just standing there, until Jasper placed a hand on his mate's shoulder when he felt her emotions.

"Why don't we take you on a tour of the house, while Esme cooks. Is that okay?" He asked sweetly.

"Sure" Was all she said, making Emmett and Jasper smile at her and lead her upstairs. The first thing she saw a heap of graduation caps on the wall. Veronica instantly knew what they meant, but made sure she didn't show it.

"It's an inside joke with the family" Emmett spoke up, as the three then walked up the rest of the stairs and walked into a bedroom.

The woman looked around seeing piles of books everywhere, vinyls and cd's were stacked on the shelves. A couch was sitting against a glass wall. The room was amazing. So airy and open.

"This is my room" Jasper spoke up, snapping Veronica from her daze and looked to see the two staring at her fondly.

"No bed?" She innocently asked, even though she knew exactly why he didn't have a bed. Jasper and Emmett looked at each other, and decided to play along.

"I don't sleep a lot, if i do i'll usually fall asleep on the couch" The Texan answered.

The Cullen/Hale kids knew that the Creed siblings weren't human, because of their scents. They weren't vampires or werewolves.

Rosalie was more cautious about the two, then the others were and she hoped that they weren't a threat to her family.

"Let me show you my room" Emmett grinned, as he gently pulled the woman towards his room. When they got to his room, Veronica saw books and cd's everywhere and just like Jasper, there was a couch leaning against the wall.