Chapter 11

Veronica spent a few more hours at the house, and she found their company enjoyable and comforting. Everyone gave her a hug before she left, Emily telling that she is welcome to come over whenever.

The woman decided to shift, and ran through the woods. As she got closer to the treaty line, two familiar scents could be smelt. Dread weaved it's way through Veronica's chest.

When Veronica caught sight of them, she slowed down and stood a few feet away from them. She saw the looks of worry on their faces, and could smell their concern.

"We were so worried about you, Kitten" Emmett said sadly, making the tiger's ears flatten.

"We're not mad at you, Darlin. Please stop beating yourself up" Jasper spoke up, feeling her guilt and regret.

Still not shifting back, Veronica slowly walked towards them and crouched down near Emmett's feet. The male sat on the ground, his fingers running through her black and white fur.

Without meaning to, she started purring and resting her head on his lap. Jasper joined the two, his hands rubbing along the spine.

"I know you feel guilty, babe. But you don't need to. I'm not mad, i wasn't even then. It was my fault, i shouldn't have woken you up" Emmett whispered softly, making the tiger look up into his golden eyes.

Her large paw rested on Jasper's thigh, while rubbed her face against Emmett's leg.

The three stayed on the ground, until Veronica shifted back and they all went back to her house where everyone else was.

She was tackled into a hug from her brother, who told her off for leaving and then she was passed around to the others. Rosalie and Alice had scolded the woman about disappearing for the whole day, but they were glad she was okay.

Veronica was tired after spending the day with the wolves, but she was to anxious to go to sleep after what happened. Emmett and Jasper could see how tired she was, so one of them grabbed her and carried her upstairs.

"Put me down, you great big bear" Veronica pouted, then let out a yelp as she was gently tossed onto her bed.

"Rude" She huffed, staring up at the ceiling. Both her mates chuckled, as they sat on either side of her.

The woman's eyes grew droopy, but they quickly snapped open. A hand gently rubbed her forehead, making her turn to Jasper.

"You can sleep, sweetheart. We'll be here when you wake up" And with that said, her eyes closed and she was met with darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week had gone by since that dreaded day, and since Edward came back from Alaska. The Creed twins, Jasper, Alice and Edward were going on excursion to a green house. The other's were seniors, so they weren't coming.

Victor basically had to drag his twin to school that day, because she hated the idea of going. But luckily for her, she got to spend it with Jasper. The small group were standing near the bus, waiting to leave for the excursion.

"Hey, how would you like to go on a date tonight?" Jasper said, wrapping his arms around her waist and smiling down at her.

"Sounds great. What should we do?" Veronica asked.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out, Darlin" He smirked in reply, making the woman whine and shove her face in his neck.

The excursion went by pretty quickly, Jasper had dropped his mate off at her house to get ready for their date. Veronica had no idea what to wear, as she went through her closest.