Chapter 17

It was quiet in the Creed house, the only thing that could be heard was the heavy breathing coming from Victor and Veronica.

When Veronica saw who it was in the woods, she didn't hesitate to call her brother who arrived at the house within minutes. Veronica told her mates to go home, which they were hesitant about at first but they knew she needed to do this with just Victor.

"What are you doing here, Jimmy?" Victor spoke up first, his arms crossed over his chest and a hard glare present on his features.

"Yeah, you gotta a lot of nerve showing up here" Veronica spat, her eyes still glowing with anger.

"After you two disappeared, Stryker ended up shooting me in the head which made me forget everything. I spent fifteen years wondering aimlessly, not knowing my past or anything besides my name. Fast forward to 2023, i went back to the year 1973 and pretty much changed the future" Logan explained, looking from Victor and Veronica.

"That still doesn't explain why you're here, James" Veronica hissed. Logan looked to his sister, he didn't even try to hide the guilt and sadness, which threw the woman off. He reeked of sadness, guilt and anger.

"I asked a friend of mine to find you guys. Look, i know that we left on bad terms but believe it or not i actually missed you two. Although, i don't miss Victor trying to kill me" Logan chuckled slightly, and he didn't miss when Veronica's lips twitched upwards.

"Well, you've seen us and now you can leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out" Victor sneered, then marched out of the house.

Veronica wanted to go after her twin, but she knew he needed time to cool off. Her on the other hand, well she was conflicted. When Logan left, she was furious but there was always a part of her that still loved and cared for him.

"So, are you planning on staying or what?" Veronica asked, her body now seemingly less tense then before.

"Well, i was planning on leaving later tonight. I had a feeling you two wouldn't want me around for long or at all" The Howlett explained.

"Why don't you stay the night?" Veronica suggested, which caught Logan and even herself by surprise.

"You want me to stay? Why?" He asked, as the woman sat across from him on the couch.

"Believe it or not, i actually missed you too. Deep down, and i mean deep, deep down i know Vic does too" She chuckled, Logan chuckling along with her. She wasn't lying. Veronica really did miss him, the anger she felt for him wasn't as bad as it used to be but seeing him now it seems that her anger for her younger brother has disappeared.

"I'll leave in the mor--" Logan started to say, but was cut off by his older sister.

"I'll bail on school, you and i could go for lunch and maybe catch up" She shrugged, giving him a small smile.

To say Logan was surprised would be an understatement. He knew that his sudden leave caused a lot of anger and hatred, and not a day went by that he didn't feel guilty. It made him genuinely happy to hear his sister ask him to stay, not because she felt like she needed to but because she actually wanted him to stay.

"We have a guest room that you could stay in. There's already pillows and blankets, you can use my bathroom if you need to. There's food and plenty of beer and bourbon in the house" Veronica said, as she showed him around the house and then led him to the guest room.

"Thank you, V" Logan smiled. He wanted to give her a hug but he felt like that would be pushing it, so he just gave her another smile and walked further into the room.

Veronica closed the door, and walked into her room. Collapsing on her bed, she couldn't stop the growing smile on her face.

She knew that Victor would blow a fuse when he finds out that she let Logan stay the night, and missed school to hang out with him. But she didn't care in that moment, the woman was just glad that she could finally start moving on from the past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Logan and Veronica had gone into Port Angeles for lunch. They chose a more quiet area so they could speak freely. It was obvious to the both of them that they were nervous, neither of them knowing what to say. Veronica cleared her throat, and looked to Logan.

"So where are you living?" She spoke up.

"I live at a school for mutants. I teach history there" Logan answered, taking a sip of his beer.

"You, Logan Howlett, teaching kids about history? Wow, you really have changed" Veronica laughed, causing a smile to appear on her brother's face.

"Trust me, half the time i wanna throw the little shits out a window. But I've gotten used to it" Logan shrugged with a grin.

"So, mind telling me who those two guys were that were with you last night" The male asked, watching as a soft smile appeared on Veronica's face.

"They're uh, they're my mates" She answered fondly.

"Both of them?" Logan sputtered, making Veronica chuckle.

"Trust me, i was just as surprised when i found out. But i can't imagine myself without them" Hearing this made Logan feel proud and happy for his sister. He had noticed how much she had changed since the last time he saw the woman, and he was glad that she finally got the happiness she deserves.

For the next three hours, Logan and Veronica talked, laughed and even cried a little. It was definitely safe to say that they had a great time, and it felt like they were brother and sister again just like they used to be back in the day.

When it was time for Logan to leave, Veronica felt her happiness turn into sadness. Logan too felt sad, he really did have an amazing time catching up with his older sister but he knew that it would be a bad idea to stay any longer.

"Can't you stay a little longer?" Veronica asked.

"I wish i could, V. But the last thing i need is for Victor to try and kill me again" Logan chuckled, but Veronica knew it was forced. Logan could smell her sadness, making him pull her into a tight hug. The woman was caught off guard, but quickly melted into the hug.

"I'll make sure to visit every once and a while. Maybe you could even come up to New York, and maybe stay for a few days" Logan suggested, and it made Veronica's heart leap at the thought of him wanting to see her again.

"That sounds like a great idea" She smiled, as the two pulled away. A taxi pulled up by the curb to take Logan to the airport. The siblings said their final goodbye's, Veronica watching Logan get into the taxi. But before the car drove off, Veronica quickly stopped it making Logan roll down the window.

"You know I love you right? Even after everything that's happened, you're still my baby brother Logan" Veronica said, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you too, sis. I'll see you soon" With one final smile, Veronica watched as the taxi drove.