Chapter 10

Saturday morning came quickly, Victor was watching tv downstairs while Veronica was still asleep in her room.

Veronica had been sleeping soundly, but her mind was soon clouded with memories of the wars. Flashes of the her, Victor and Logan fighting in the Civil War. The it changed to the World War's, so much blood and death.

All the people that died, the people she killed haunting her mind. The next memory was of Logan leaving, the betrayal, anger and hurt that her and Victor felt. The last memory was the worst one.

When she was experimented on. Being strapped to a metal table, needles piercing her skin, knives slicing her skin which healed. Then flashes of Stryker's agents that she brutally killed, blood coating her nails and skin.

Victor heard his sister's distressed cries, indicating that she was having a nightmare. Leaping over the couch, he ran up the stairs and barged into her room.

His eyes landed on his twin, who was tossing and turning, her nails slicing through her blanket and sheets. Victor wanted to wake her up, but her nightmares were always so violent and there is never a time where she won't wake up and lash out.

"No! No, don't do this, please! Stop it!" She yelled, her hands clenched and her nails piercing her skin, blood pouring from her healing wounds. Tears were running down her pale cheeks, as she whimpers.

Victor watched on with tears of his own, anger and sadness filling his body. Angry because he can't do anything, and sad because his twin sister was suffering.

"Jimmy, no don't leave" She whimpered. Her twin flinched when hearing the name, his hands and jaw clenched.

Logan's sudden leave took a toll on both of them, but it was harder for Veronica. She cared about Logan a lot, so when he left she was so heartbroken, so betrayed.

Downstairs, the front door slammed open but Victor already knew who it was, so he didn't bother moving. Suddenly, the whole Cullen/Hale family were in Veronica's room, all of them seeing the distressed woman.

"Why haven't you woken her up?" Rosalie stressed, walking over to her best friend but was stopped by Ian.

"Her nightmares have always been really bad. If she's woken up, nine times out of ten she will wake up still stuck in her nightmare. And could quite possibly kill you, so we just have to wait for her to wake up" Victor muttered to himself, his blue eyes not leaving his sister's tossing and turning.

Edward, who was standing near the door, grunted in pain while holding his head. The others turned to him in worry.

"Edward? What's wrong?" Jasper asked.

"I--I've never been able to hear her thoughts, but now--I can hear everything. There's so much pain, screaming and death" Edward groaned in pain, nearly collapsing to his knees. His siblings stared at him wide eyed, never in their immortal lives have they seen Edward in pain before.

"We have to wake her up. Now. I don't care if she hurts me" Emmett said sternly, not wanting to see his mate suffering anymore.

Before anyone could stop him, the large male placed a hand on his mate's arm and gently shook her. It seemed as though the coldness of his hand caused her eyes to snap open, and within seconds Emmett had been pinned to one of the walls.

Emmett's golden eyes met the angry eyes of Veronica, her lips curved into a snarl and a rather loud animalistic growl echoed through-out the room. A clawed hand was wrapped tightly around Emmett's neck, a slight cracking noise could be heard.

"Who are you? And what do you want from me? You think you could try and kill me?" Veronica snarled, her teeth bared like a feral animal.

No one, except Jasper, moved towards the girl. They had never seen her like this before, so it came as a surprise. It was like there was a totally different person in the room.