CHAPTER 1

It has been three bloody hours since they have wheeled HER into the operation theater after a major relapse, and still no news of what's happening inside. Did the staff has no courtesy here to keep the anxious family updated at least. Two days back, just two days back that idiot doctor had said that she'll pull through. What happened to THAT? Is this not supposed to be the best hospital in Delhi? Incompetent fools. She is going to be shifted to a better facility as soon as she comes out of this damned operation theater, preferably outside India, Shivaay decided.

He was walking to and fro in front of the white door with the red light on. With millions of thoughts crossing his mind, the foremost was a fresh and raw memory of eight days back. Eight days back he was similarly standing in front of an operation theater in a hospital near the place where accident had taken place. Both of them have been rushed there by by-passers. That time too Shivaay was hoping that HE would pull through for HER sake. He did not. With her slipping in an out of consciousness, they haven't yet told her that he could not make it. Once she is better he'll make sure that she never ever travels in night.

His Dadi was sitting on the bench in the corridor chanting some mantra that pandit had explained her. It was supposed to protect life and ward evils off the beneficiary. For once in his life Shivaay wanted his dadi to be right, for the mantra to work, for her to come out alive of this damned place. He will make sure that no one, absolutely no one dares to leave him alone in this huge world again after that.

He had bad memories and experiences of hospitals through out his life. When he was a kid of 10 years of age, he was brought to hospital in the dead of night. He had no bloody idea what was going on, apparently his mom had wanted to meet him. She was strapped with all the machines possible in a hospital room. He remembers the feeble smile that adorned her lips as she saw her children. It turned out to be his last memory of his mother. Next morning he was told that his mother will never come back. She had succumbed to her injuries early in the morning. He has bawled yelled cried for days, but relented to fate later. He could do nothing then, and seems to have nothing in his power now either.

The fate has been cruel to him. No amount of money can change that.

His pacing and train of thought came to a halt as he saw the doctor coming out of the operation room. The red light was off now. So its verdict time. Please please please tell me she is okay, he chanted in his heart. But one look at the grave look of doctor and he knew what was coming his way. No, he did not want to hear it. It is not happening, his subconscious cried.

"I'm sorry Mr. Oberoi " the worst sentence of his life strike his ears. He was past reacting. He just nodded. "She had internal bleeding and her wounds were very deep. We tried our best. I assure you there was no negligence of any sort. She received the best treatment possible" the doctor continued. shivaay nodded again.

With not much to say in the present situation the doctor diverted his attention to the nurse standing behind him. "Finish the paper work and have Mr. Oberoi sign them". "You can see me in my office in case you have any question" doctor informed a blank looking Shivaay and went away.

Shivaay went and sat with his dadi. She was sobbing bitterly. "What will happen to Adit and Adya beta? Why is God doing this? They're infants, how will they live without their mother?". He had no answer.

Just then the nurse came with paper work for Shivaay to sign. He took a glance and filled out the 'relationship with the deceased' box which was left empty by the nurse. BROTHER...... Signed it and returned it to the nurse.

And with that Priyanka Oberoi Randhawa became a memory. Just a memory. Following her husband Ranveer Randhawa to the outside of this world after eight days of his demise ...........

pretty heavy chapter but i hope few doubts are cleared .....

DO FOLLOW me too guys !!!!!!!!

and also do LIKE & COMMENT as much as you like your views help !!!!!!!!