CHAPTER 23

It was 9 pm when Shivaay pulled into the driveway of Oberoi Mansion . Today was the day of  Anika's dinner with Daksh and family, and he had stalled coming back home for as long as he could . He purposely fixed a dinner meeting with a few business associates, so that he does not have to eat alone at home thinking about that blasted dinner of hers. While getting out of his car, he spotted all other three cars standing in the parking ,  a hope sprouted in his heart that may be Anika didn't go to the dinner after all . The very thought gave spring to his feet as he rushed inside.

SHIVAAY : 'Anika . ANIKA .......

 he called out as soon as he entered the house.

SERVANT : 'Sahab, Madam is not home

he came rushing forward .

SHIVAAY : 'But all the cars are parked outside

 Shivaay hoped against hope .

SERVANT : 'Ji, Daksh sir had come to pick madam . She has gone out with him

the servant informed .

SHIVAAY : 'Oh. When did she go ?

 Shivaay asked disappointed .

SERVANT : 'Ji around 7 in the evening

 came back the reply . 

SERVANT : 'Sahab , should I serve dinner ?

SHIVAAY : 'No. Just get me some black coffee. I'll be at the half terrace

 ordered Shivaay as he made his way to the stairs .

SERVANT : 'Sahab you mean green tea?

 poor man tried to confirm, aware of change in his masters routine .

SHIVAAY : 'COFFEE. Did you not hear it or did you not understand it ? And make it strong '

 Shivaay snapped at the clueless servant and made a move .

It was nearing 10 pm and there was still no sign of Anika . Shivaay sat on the grand swing on the half terrace, in his white shirt, slaty gray vest and trousers with a frown on his face . He had thought of and then discarded at least 10 times,  the idea of calling Anika . 

SHIVAAY (Self thought) : 'She is not a kid .  even if she was , she is escorted by her close friend , isn't she ? Must be enjoying a lot with his family . Else what dinner goes on for 3 hours ?'

 he grouched . It has been a VERY long 2 days for Shivaay ,   his sanity was nearing the end of its tether .

.........x...........x...........x...........

The sound of a car coming to a screeching halt pulled him out of his thoughts and he instantly stood up and moved towards the railing of the half terrace . 

He saw Anika and Daksh coming out of the car , both looking quite lost , which was strange as these two generally smile their cheeks off in each others company as far as he had noticed . That piped his curiosity ,  to some extent anxiety too . What has happened ? 

Has Anika told him about the engagement ? Is he trying to talk her out of it ? They looked like they were arguing over something for few minutes , serious verbal exchange and then Daksh got into his car and backed out of the driveway . 

Anika then hastily made her way inside the house . Shivaay came back and sat on the swing , trying to figure out what they were talking about just now. Well, he will know it soon, won't he? Whatever it is, its HIM who has to face it eventually, he thought bitterly .