CHAPTER 20

Anika would have appreciated a longer room tonight for herself . A longer room and a magic mirror for advice maybe . She had been pacing to and fro for past two hours in her room . From one end to the other . The clock was chiming 1 am and sleep was still no where near her. She had just been proposed marriage by Shivaay ... SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI . Well, not just, its been two hours ago, but her mind refused to acknowledge the time lapse .  Her heart refused to acknowledge the proposal itself .  Her feet had surprisingly not given away yet . Had someone told her that Shivaay would ask to marry her a year back, she would have gone into shock. But if that was the parameter of her reaction, she wasn't faring much better right now either , considering her audibly disarrayed monologue .

ANIKA'S SELF THOUGHT : 

'Was he joking with me?'

'No. Maybe he was testing me. How would I react at a chance of grabbing a rich husband'.

'YUKKK Anika . How low can you think? Has he not proven enough that he genuinely regrets his earlier stand?'

'Then what could it be? Is it all for custody only?'

'OMG. Again doubting Shivaay . He said that custody does not change anything in the marriage'.

'Then why me? I am a normal girl, normal face, nothing extraordinary'.

'Yeah. WHY THE HELL WOULD HE WANT TO MARRY ME when he can have any girl he wants?'

'He is SSO . THE scion of Oberoi Empire. And me ? NOTHING . NADA '.

'Should I try and talk him out of his stupid plan of marrying me. After all I am his friend. I should look out for him. Right?'

'ARGHHH ... Why can't he sort out custody issue without giving me a heart attack and ruining his own life?'

'What use is all this money of his, when he has to compromise on such a big thing in his life? HUH'.

'GOD Anika , you are sounding so self-deprecating . Get a grip . Shivaay must have thought something before putting this proposal in front of you . He is so intelligent '.

'Well , to be truthful, his intelligence did not give him much leverage in this case'.

'For God's sake at least STOP deprecating HIS intelligence'.

'If I say no, then will he marry someone else?'

'Of course idiot, it's kids custody on the line here'

'But if I say yes, then I'll have to MARRY him. I'll have to marry SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI '.

'You catch on real fast girl. HUH'

'AAH. I get it. I am his best AVAILABLE option'

'GO ON. Delude yourself some more. Did you forget the women drooling over him at that restaurant ? They might deliver a kid or two to marry him let alone win custody'.

'And he asked me. Of all the available girls, he asks me to marry him'.

'Does that mean he WANTS to get married to me? OMG is it?'

'GOD ANIKA , you are losing it' her feet finally gave away and she sat down on her bed .

DEEP BREATH IN. DEEP BREATH OUT. DEEP BREATH IN. DEEP BREATH OUT.DEEP BREATH IN. DEEP BREATH OUT.