CHAPTER 10

Anika was warming milk for Adit and Adya in the kitchen when prakash entered with a plate of food in his hands .

As Anika stared intently at the plate still laden with food , he explained 

PRAKASH :  'Sahab said he is done'.

She sighed and asked.....

ANIKA :   'What is he doing right now ?'

'PRAKASH : Ji, working on his computer .

ANIKA : 'Give this plate to me, and you fill up the bottles with milk . Don't heat it up too much . I'll be back in few minutes' 

 she instructed and left for Shivaay's room .

.....................x.........................

It's been a month and half since that unfortunate evening . She could still feel the anxiety that she felt that day when she tried to wake up Dadi from her nap for dinner and medicines, and she did not wake up . She had literally dragged a bewildered Shivaay from his room to Dadi's . While he jumped into action seeing dadi not moving , she stood stupefied in the corner . Dadi was rushed to the hospital that instant . But doctors could not do anything . She did not wake up, ever again . Doctors deduced heart failure in sleep as the reason of her death .

Oberoi Mansion and its inhabitants were orphaned in a flash . It was hard on her and the twins . All of them were so dependent on Dadi , so habitual of her presence around them , her smiles and her instructions for them . Adit and Adya might not remember dadi when they grow up , but she will always remember the only mother figure she had known in her life .

Of them all , Shivaay was hit the hardest . understandably so . Dadi was his mother for last 19 years . He was faring worst than he did at the time of Priyanka bhabhi's accident . He has retreated into a shell since then . She has not see him cry even once , but then she did not see him much these days . While Adit and Adya forced her to come out of her gloom for their sake,  Shivaay had cut ties with everyone in spite of living in the same house.  Whenever she tried to talk to him his answers were always in monosyllables . Sometimes he did not bother with even them . She knew he kept an eye on her and twins well being but that was it . Dining table did not see any member after that evening . Shivaay toyed with his meals in his room while she too started having hers in her room . But enough was enough . He can grieve all he wants after eating . Not eating will not bring dadi back . The sooner he accepts that the better . Her pace increased with a new found determination .

She knocked on the already open door of his room . He looked up from his laptop screen .

ANIKA : MR. Oberoi , dinner' 

 she said keeping the plate on the table in the front of recliner on which he was sitting .

SHIVAAY : 'I had my dinner' 

 he replied going back to his laptop...........

ANIKA : 'Touching your food is not called having dinner . You NEED to eat properly . You are a diabetic for God's sake!  Or did you forget that ? Like you have forgotten that three other people also live in this house who are shocked and shattered too ' 

 she said tightly.......

If Shivaay was affected with this tirade , it did not show on his face as he kept on working .

She sighed and continued.....

ANIKA :    'Shivaay please eat . Not eating , not talking and not sleeping won't change the fact that dadi is not with us anymore'.