CHAPTER 6

Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a man of few words . And if you discount the words spoken at work and words spoken in anger , he was as good as mute . He was not very good at casual conversations even with his sister and dadi , so trying to draw Anika into a casual chit chat looked harder than climbing Mount Everest to him . And the girl in question was not making matters easy either . She was visibly reluctant and uncomfortable whenever he tried to enforce his new found 'acquaintance' on her . If it would have been any other man , he would have backed out from this endeavor of his after seeing such rejection of his efforts . But he was not any other man and he hasn't become what he was today by fearing rejection . When he had taken control of Oberoi Group of Companies at the age of 18 , he had faced a very public rejection worth a lifetime from the business world . He was written off brutally and has practically risen from ashes . Now at 28 , rejection was the least of his worries in any walk of life .

Shivaay was used to getting his way by hook or crook , by money or charm , whatever works . But frustratingly nothing was working on this 5 feet 5 inch ALWAYS trying to walk away and NOT talking female called Anika Randhawa . He knew he would not be her first choice for "BFF" kind of a relation but still , why can't she talk to him . It's not that she does not know how to talk . And yes they had their share of misunderstandings , and he was a bit rude to her , but isn't he trying to mend things now ? It was not as if he had done some physical harm to her . She is way better off than his employees in office . Don't they talk to him ? In fact he should introduce her to his executive assistant Khanna , then she'll know that he had been quite decent with her . So what if he had doubts about her , its a free country last time he checked and he is entitled to have his opinion . And is he not trying to set things straight now ? If only she would co-operate a little ............. just a little !!!!!!!!!!!!

It was Adit and Adya's first birthday today . There were not going to be any celebrations because of the loss family has recently faced . But there was a havan and pooja organised by Dadi for the well being of kids . The birthday boy and birthday girl were looking very cute in their little ethnic attires . Anika had dressed Adya up in a little pink ghaghra choli (kids lehenga) and Adit in blue dhoti kurta . Definately  uncomfortable , but enjoying the attention , twins were radiant today . And in the hearts of heart , Shivaay knew that he has Anika to thank for it . Had they been left to the nannies , his niece and nephew would be sick and problematic kids . It was the motherly love and care they've been receiving from their bua (Aunt) that they are healthy happy and giggling . It strengthened his resolve to improve things between him and Anika at the earliest .

As expected , twins did not enjoy the idea of havan as much as Dadi . It was getting impossible for them to sit straight in front of so many colorful things that could be eaten or kicked . Shivaay who was sitting in pooja , with both toddlers sitting on his lap on either side , was having a very hard time controlling them . And when Adit seemed hell bent on exploring the yellow-orangish blazing thing called fire in front of him , Anika had to intervene . 

'Mr. Oberoi , give Adya to me and please keep Adit strongly strapped in your hands' she said .

'But isn't the pooja for both of them ? Shouldn't Adya be sitting here as well ? And it's Adit who is jumping out of my hold every other second , take him instead ' Shivaay offered the trouble baby to Anika with hopeful eyes .

'No , you keep Adit with yourself . I'l make Adya sit here quitely . She listens to me better than that explorer of all things dangerous ' Anika explained .

' Oh ! Okay ' he muttered and handed Adya to her instead .

Other than Adya's consistent attempts to gag herself by stuffing her little mouth with her colorful dupatta , all went well . Adit stayed put in strong hold of Shivaay . Dadi was exhausted by the end of it and was getting very emotional remembering Priyanka and Ranveer , so Shivaay gave her blood pressure medicines and took her into the room to take rest . By afternoon Shivaay and Anika were running around taking care of kids , guests , panditji , wrapping up of pooja stuff and were behaving like a team . And for once Shivaay did not have an issue with that . With Dadi unwell and emotions running quite high due to Priyanka and jiju's absence he was glad that he had help . Dadi had wanted to take the kids to mandir later in the day for blessings , and now that responsibility too had come on Shivaay's shoulders . But with two toddlers tagging along , Shivaay could not manage alone even if he took the driver with him .

So Dadi called Anika to her room and asked her to accompany them to mandir , and by the smirking look on Shivaay's face , who was standing there , it looked like that was his suggestion . Only Anika and the Gods in the heaven up above knew how she stopped the instant NO that was dying to come out from her mouth . It was not that Anika was afraid to go with Shivaay , but she was still baffled by his new avatar . On the other hand , she did not want to rebuff his yet another attempt towards getting along together . She was tired of acting indifferent when all she wanted was to have a normal life and feel accepted . And the olive branch that Shivaay was extending seems like a very good option . What will happen at the most , she thought , he'll go back to his previous behavior . Wasn't it something that she had handled for quite a while ? And she can do it in future again if the need be . So at that very moment she decided to live in present and take whatever was coming her way in its own stride .

While the driver drove to mandir , Shivaay sat with Adya perched on his lap and Anika had Adit on hers , in the backseat . Adit was sleepy and clinging to Anika and she was stroking his hair while trying to make him comfortable , while Shivaay was trying to wrestle a chocolate out of Adya's mouth that she was trying to swallow along with its wrapper . The four of them made a very cute picture together . Out of the blue , just like that a voice in Shivaay's head whispered 'It's nice to have someone share my responsibilities with me' . But he snapped out of that thought as soon as it came into his mind . This woman refuses to talk to me beyond 2 minutes at a stretch and she'll share my responsibilities . Huh . what a joke !!!!!!!!!!! shivaay signed .......

He was always alone , responsible for everybody around him . His mother left him at 10 years of age in charge of his own homework and meals , not to forget an emotionally shattered sister . His Dadaji left him in charge of Oberoi Empire along with priyanka and Dadi at the tender age of 17 . And now Priyanka has left him in charge of Adit and Adya . He has been doing this responsibility stuff since the time when he was a minor in the eyes of law , certified irresponsible to even have a glass of beer by himself or drive unsupervised . He had been a responsible person when he was supposed to be a brat enjoying his adolescence . Now he is in a habit of dealing with responsibilities alone , and does not need anyone to share them . All he wants is a good care for his niece and nephew , Anika seems willing to do that . He just has to make sure that due to their past equation he does not drive her away , and he'll do that by making her comfortable with himself . End of story . Nothing MORE nothing LESS  .

If only that would be the end of story . IF ONLY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------x------------------------

SO GUYS HERE IS ANOTHER PART ......

i am not sure if you guys are liking this story or not not getting enough comments and votes .......... i am slightly dissapointed guys help me in giving your honest opinion !!!!!!!!!