CHAPTER 14

When Anika joined Shivaay in the living area dressed in her off-white anarkali , high heels, glossy peach makeup, neck devoid of any ornaments and just two huge pearl earrings, he could not take his eyes off of her . She was a vision,  she was his. A renewed wave of possessiveness swept over him . Shivaay was also dressed to kill,  looking dapper in his black suit , black shirt and a dark grey scarf . Combination of their black and white attires was giving them a regal aura. While Shivaay was mesmerized by his plus one of the evening , Anika was nervously gaping at her escort who was oozing masculinity and authority . She had never seen him in a scarf . It suited him so well .

Shivaay too couldn't help but notice the vast expanse of skin showing above her deep neckline. Her duppata was hanging on one shoulder giving an unobstructed view of her throat and area below it. He has always seen her in modest dresses,  this sight was alluring him. 

 SHIVAAY (self thought) : 'If she looks so delectable in white, how would have she looked in red?' he deliberated . 

He had no one but himself to blame for missing that vision , he rued.  

SHIVAAY (self thought) :  'It was for the best. All in its good time' 

 he consoled himself.  He was shook out of his monologue by Anika's voice .

ANIKA : 'Am I looking okay SHIVAAY ?' 

 she asked fidgeting with her duppata .

SHIVAAY (self thought) : How to tell a girl who is looking absolutely ravishing and sexy, that she is looking more than okay , WAY MORE, without sounding cheesy ? 

 he pondered .

SHIVAAY : 'You're looking beautiful Anika ' 

 he stuck to the convention.

Even a normal compliment like that was rewarded with a lovely smile , making Shivaay's heart melt .

ANIKA : 'I'll go and check on the kids' 

 she said before heading out.

He nodded and also followed her to the nursery, where their angles were fast asleep.  After kissing the two babies , they left for the party .

While driving to the venue Shivaay briefed Anika that it was an official party . Not very big, neither small . Mostly creme de la creme of business circle and people involved in this particular deal will be there . He told her to tell him if she gets bored, they can come back anytime she wants. She smiled and nodded at his thoughtfulness, making her long earrings stir and brush the base of her neck, beckoning Shivaay to kiss that spot . With her looking so enticing by his side how was he supposed to concentrate on serious business talks,  he audibly sighed. So much for avoiding red .

They entered the party looking like a power couple to the hilt , making heads turn. But what caught Shivaay's notice in the whole party was Daksh coming towards them with a smile on his face. To his luck Khanna reached them first informing that the client party has arrived and is eagerly waiting for SSO . Shivaay grabbed Anika's hand and headed in the direction Khanna had pointed, without wasting any time. 

In these two days Shivaay had pacified himself by arguing that how dear could Daksh be for Anika , if she forgot to contact him for a full year . That thought gave him a lot of peace of mind . Peace of mind which was right now threatened by seeing Daksh looking so excited at seeing Anika . 

Anika on her part was solely concentrating at Shivaay's warm hand that was engulfing her's at the moment .

ANIKA (self thought) : 'But he does not seem to take notice of it . Maybe its normal to hold hands in these parties'