CHAPTER 16

While walking towards Daksh and Anika , Shivaay made a call . He did not want to play games with Anika , but did some wise man not say that all is fair in love and war. And for him it was both, love with one and war with the other person sitting in the living room , well kind of.

Daksh noticed him first , when he reached the sitting area after a while .

DAKSH : ' Good Evening SSO '

he greeted .

SHIVAAY : 'Good evening Daksh . What brings you here today ?'

he feigned innocence .

DAKSH : 'Just came to say hello to Anika '

Daksh replied looking smilingly at her.

ANIKA : 'And to invite me over to his place for dinner'

Anika supplied as Daksh grinned sheepishly .

SHIVAAY : 'Oh , his place ? Are you cooking Daksh ? You must be a really good cook to invite friends over '

Shivaay tried to keep bitterness at bay, but failed miserably .

DAKSH : 'My mom is a good cook, not me'

Daksh replied as a matter of fact.

ANIKA : 'Is it okay if I go tomorrow evening Shivaay ? I'll ask Savita (kids nanny) to stay over till late for Adit and Adya'

Anika intervened.

SHIVAAY : 'I have no fix time to come home these days Anika . You think kids will manage without either of us ?'

the domesticity of the question wasn't lost on Daksh .

ANIKA : 'Don't worry Shivaay . They will be okay . And I can come back anytime if there is a problem . Daksh will drop me back . Right Daksh ?'

the uneasiness Daksh was feeling considerably lessened at seeing Anika's inclination to carry on with the plan.

Before Shivaay or Daksh could reply , Daksh's phone rang , he excused himself to attend that . Shivaay too fished out blackberry from his pocket and got busy with official emails , lest Anika starts elaborating on her plans for dinner with Daksh and family , making him more angry than he already was . Daksh came back to the sitting area a few minutes later with a very sad face . Anika immediately inquired the reason in a concerned tone , irritating Shivaay some more .

DAKSH : 'Anika , I think we'll have to postpone the dinner plans '

he said gloomily .

ANIKA : 'I hope everything is alright ? '

Anika asked .

'DAKSH : Yeah ........ Everything is okay . It's just that I have to go out of town tomorrow early morning for some legal issues with a deal , and it'll be a long trip '

he replied .

SHIVAAY (SELF THOUGHT) : Long ? It's just ten freaking days'

Shivaay grumbled in his mind remembering his instructions to Khanna .

ANIKA : 'No problem Daksh . Work is important '

Anika smiled .

DAKSH : 'I'll call you as soon as I am back' Daksh promised .

Anika nodded in approval and Shivaay winced at the prospect . Daksh left after SSO made a few inquiries about the deal issue for the sake of pretence .