01.

_veag: hey
_veag: this is random but i just wanted to reach out to you
_veag: my name is vea, and i think we might be siblings..

theslumpgod: you gotta be a fan or something
theslumpgod: ion got siblings vrother

_veag: stokeley goulbourne, right?

theslumpgod: yeah
theslumpgod: which can be found from a google search
theslumpgod: what do you want for real
theslumpgod: this weird as hell

_veag: my number is (646)xxx-xxxx
_veag: you can call me, facetime me, whatever
_veag: but i'm serious
seen.

incoming facetime call: (954)xxx-xxxx

VEA slid the answer button and it connected.

"hi," was the only thing she could think to say. this was something that she had dreamed about.

"hey. so explain this whole shit to me." he had a raspy voice and a hint of a florida accent.

"as i said, my name is vea. i'm 18, and i live in new york. my mom told me i had a brother when i was 12, she said your name was stokeley and you were two years older than me. she said one day i would meet you, but dad never came back here after i was 13. i mentioned you to him and he yelled at my mom. she told him to never come back," she said, recounting it all.
he was silent, she continued.
"i'm sorry to spring all of this on you but all of these years i've been so curious to what it'd be like to have a sibling."

ski nodded from the other side of the screen. "you haven't talked to your father since you were 13..." she nodded. "and this isn't some lie just to get close as a fan?"

vea shook her head. "i swear."

"i'm gonna talk to my dad. if this is true, i'll be in touch." he said. she nodded in understanding before she heard the three beeps signaling the end of the facetime.

VEA went on about her day, a pit in her stomach about the conversation she had. nonetheless, she got dressed to go out to eat with her friends. she wore a baby pink longsleeve tshirt with black skinny jeans and matching pink vans. she put her hair into a low ponytail with her edges swooped and she grabbed her keys.

she got into the car with her two friends and they went to their favorite cafe.

"i'll order," tyla offered. "your usual, vea?"

vea nodded with a smile. "thanks ty."

tyla just winked at her and walked off to order.

"vea, do you want to go to miami or no?" kyla asked. tyla and kyla are twins, damn near identical.

"of course i do." she answered.

"then it's settled," she cheered. "these bitches are going to flawda!"

vea's phone that was face down on the table vibrated twice.

the twins were aware of the entire situation, and kyla being kyla, grabbed vea's phone.

"i think it's him.." vea said.

"if your fucking brother is ski mask the slump god, that's really fucking cool. do you know the ungodly things i would let that man do to me?"

vea rolled her eyes. "gimme that," she snatched her phone and unlocked it.

(954)xxx-xxxx: that was a conversation he didn't wanna have
(954)xxx-xxxx: but we had it and u were right. ur my little sister

me: well does he want nothing to do with me still?

(954)xxx-xxxx: i honestly think that's something y'all need to talk about
(954)xxx-xxxx: where do u live

me: new york with my ma

(954)xxx-xxxx: you ever been to florida

me: no
me: but my best friends and i are planning a trip to miami

(954)xxx-xxxx: thats like an hour from me
(954)xxx-xxxx: wanna meet while ur here

me: i don't want to overwhelm you
me: do you really want to meet me

(954)xxx-xxxx: yes i want to meet you. thats why i asked

me: i'll be there in a month
read 6:27pm

edited 676 words.