09.

VEA sat in her room on her phone, the tv playing some mtv show from netflix. there was a knock at her door, she walked to answer it. "coming." she muttered, and butterflies erupted in her stomach when she saw his face.
"jahseh!" she almost screamed, jumping into him. he wrapped one arm around her, holding her tightly.

"hi pretty." he said, she could almost hear the smile.

she pulled out of the hug and grabbed his free hand, pulling him into her room and shutting the door. she pulled him all the way back to her bed and he laughed.

"what?" she asked, looking up at him.

"i just got here and you already trying to get me in the bed," he joked. "these roses are for you."

vea grabbed flowers out of his hand, she sniffed them and smiled, not because they smelled like roses– cos roses stink– but because they smelled like his cologne.
"they're beautiful jah, thank you."

he took them from her, placing them on the nightstand. she looked at him confused but he just pulled her into his arms. jahseh held vea against his chest, rocking her back and forth.
vea inhaled his familiar scent, content with the current happenings. she didn't even know he was coming over. she had been in florida for a week or two and hadn't heard anything from him except for a few texts and short phone calls.

"i'm happy you're here." vea smiled as they sat down on the bed. jahseh took off his jacket and layed it on the end of the bed, he took off his slides and slid to get under the blanket.

"i'm happy i'm here too." he mirrored her smile, tiredly pulling her body closer to his by the waist.

"you tired?" she asked quietly.

he let out a breathy chuckle. "exhausted baby."

"well, i'm tired too," she murmered, getting under the blanket as well. she moved over so she was as close to him as possible and made herself comfortable. "so let's take a nap."

SHE woke up upon hearing her door open, she sat up slightly. "what is it?" she asked before she could even lay eyes on who was disturbing her.

"i was finna ask if y'all wanted something to eat." stokeley said.

"yeah, we'll be down in a second." she yawned.

he shut the door and beside her jahseh stirred. "you wanna come down?" she asked and he nodded.

the two of them walked downstairs, jahseh still half asleep but not wanting vea to leave his side. isaiah, stokeley, trippie and his girlfriend were sitting in the living room, vea walked straight to them, sitting beside isaiah.

jahseh's eyes narrowed and stokeley noticed it, and he knew his best friend. instead of reacting in the way stokeley thought he would, jahseh just walked into the kitchen. he was visibly pissed but he wouldn't show that to vea. her and isaiah are just friends.

he had to remind himself of that throughout the rest of the night, vea sitting obliviously on the other couch.

they'd decided on a movie, started watching the movie and she was still sitting with isaiah. they exchanged a few laughs and at that point, he had completely zoned out. he was trying not to let jealousy get the best of him, trying not to make it obvious that he'd rather have her sitting with him.

"jahseh," vea called, he looked at her silently. "i asked what do you want to eat, we're about to go pick up food."

he shrugged. "whatever you want is fine."

vea nodded, walking up the stairs. she slipped on the jacket jahseh was wearing and put on the house slides that her brother had got for her.

she and stokeley got in the car and as soon as they pulled out of the driveway, he turned the music down. "do you like jah?"

she looked at her brother with a confused look. of course she liked jahseh. what was there not to like? the answer she gave was simple, although she had a million others, all she said was "yes."

"you were all on wifi." he said, his focus split between her and the road.

"i wasn't trying to be. does jahseh think i don't like him?"

he didn't answer the question. "if you like him just go ahead and say it."

THEY got food from o'denny's and headed back to the house. once there, vea was the first one inside and she went to the kitchen to sort out the plates. she got the same thing that her brother got and got jahseh what she got as well.

she grabbed hers and jah's plate, walking back into the living room. she sat on the couch beside him and handed him the food. he looked at her with a slight smile and they began eating.

"gotta talk to you after we finish eating. we can go upstairs." vea said after swallowing a couple bites. he just nodded and they continued to eat and all of them joked as they finished.

vea threw her plate away and then went up the stairs, jahseh right behind her. walking into her room, he shut the door behind them and they both returned to their places in the bed.

"what you wanna talk about?" he asked, running his hand over her back under the jacket. his jacket.

she shivered, smiling at the contact. "uh, i just wanted to tell you that um.."
"aw vea you like me." he teased, cutting her off.

"you didn't let me finish." she pouted.

"i already knew that mamas. you ain't have to tell me." he chuckled. "you all nervous for no reason.

she turned over, moving herself away from him. "fuck you." she grumbled, she wasn't really mad just slightly embarrassed.

"i mean, we can do that," he said, rubbing her side. "you can definitely get this young dagger dick."

she laughed, turning over to face him. "why do you call it that?"

he pushed himself up on one of his elbows, hovering over her. "you can find out."

{ a/n: will not be writing smut. it feels.. odd & i ain't good at it anyway! }

edited 1021 words.