12.

THE next day, vea woke up feeling numb. she knew she had text messages from jahseh and stokeley but at the moment she was ignoring the fact that her phone even existed. she spent the entire day and night before crying. the twins came over to visit her and she didn't say much to them, she just stared blankly, crying.

"yeah. i'll tell her, thank you for calling stokeley." she heard her mom on the phone outside the room door. as soon as she hung up, she pushed open the door and walked in slowly. "i got the letter from grandma for you."

vea just reached for it and she handed it over quietly. "i knew it was the end, i just.. i hoped that maybe it wouldn't be." vea hadn't spoken when she got back from the hospital, her mom was surprised that she was even able to drive home.

"i knew too." her mom said and she sighed. "the twins called jahseh yesterday. stokeley called me and he told me to tell you he loves you."

she nodded and there was a knock at the door. her mom got up quickly and went to it. the door opened and vea heard footsteps coming quickly up the stairs. she looked up to see jahseh and stokeley standing at her bedroom door.

"what are y'all doing here?" she asked and jahseh didn't say anything, he just went to her and pulled her into the tightest hug he could. he didn't say anything, he just held her and vea broke down in his arms. stokeley stood in the doorway trying to hold his tears in. jahseh held her close, his chin on top of her head. he was holding in tears too, hurting to see her hurting.

he pulled back slightly and beckoned stokeley to them. he crossed to the bed and sat down, wrapping his arms around vea and jahseh.

"YOU look beautiful." kyla said to vea. she was standing in the mirror, getting dressed for her grandma's funeral.

"thanks ky." vea grabbed her phone and sent a quick text to jahseh, she got an immediate response.

me: wya?

my jah🫶🏽: on the way princess
my jah🫶🏽: i got you something :)

she smiled at her phone and put it down on the dresser again.

"let me guess," tyla said, tapping her chin. "jahseh."

vea laughed af her and flipped her off. "yeah. him and stokeley should be on the way."

kyla looked a bit uncomfortable and vea gave her a slight smile of reassurance. "you'll be fine, ky."

"i will, i know. i was the one who decided to be just friends. i just don't want anything to be awkward." she murmered and vea nodded in understanding.

"it won't be. stoke's not the type of person to-" she was interrupted by the door opening downstairs. "best behavior y'all gabe is here too."  she warned and walked downstairs.

"hey vea." gabe said. stokeley and jahseh had already walked into the kitchen, talking with the rest of the family that was in there.

"hey gabe." she smiled and walked into his open arms.

"i'm sorry about your gran. she's in a better place, believe that." he said and kissed her head.

"thanks gabe." she said and she walked to the kitchen. her eyes widened seeing stokeley and her mom hugging. that was definitely an odd thing.

"come here pretty girl." jahseh grabbed her hand and pulled her outside the sliding door. he dug in his pocket for a second before pulling out a little box.

"i know you not-" she started but he shushed her.

"open it." he said and she shook her head. "i'm not proposing to you, stupid. open the box."

eyeing him, she grabbed the box and opened it. it was a ring, a princess cut diamond ring. "jahseh. this is a ring." she said.

"not the kind of ring you're thinking about. it's more of a promise ring. you wear it on your right hand, not your left." he said and grabbed the ring out of the little cushion. he reached for her hand and she reluctantly put it out.

"where is this coming from?" she asked, she watched as he slid the ring on her third finger and it fit perfectly.

he admired the ring on her finger with a small smile. "when i got that call from stoke, i was in the studio and he was supposed to be on his way there. he said that you needed us and i couldn't think of anything other than getting to you. this past five months with you has gone by so quick but it's been the best five months of my existence."

she went to say something but he stopped her, pressing his lips against hers. they kissed for what felt like minutes before he pulled away and looked down into her eyes.

"i love you vea." he murmered.

"i love you too, jahseh."

VEA and the twins sat at the cafe they normally went to, at the same table. vea would be leaving new york again in just a couple of hours and the girls wanted to spend a little bit of time with them before she left.

jahseh, stokeley and scheme had to leave right after the funeral, vea stayed another couple of days. as soon as she got back to florida, they'd be leaving to go to california.

"i don't want you to leave again lowkey." tyla said.

"it sucks that i live so far away now and i do really miss y'all." vea said, she stirred her coffee and just looked around. she knew she wasn't coming back anymore after this, she had made arrangements for the rest of her things in her room to be sold.

"there's something she isn't saying, isn't there kyla?" tyla looked at her sister.

"there is. she's never been that good at keeping secrets." she nodded in agreement. "what aren't you telling us vea?"

vea sighed and looked between the two of them. "i'm not coming back to new york."

"oh." tyla said. "well we knew that already. your ass is in love. you not going too far from him."

kyla laughed. "yeah we been knew as soon as you moved. we can always just come visit you down there."

"this is why i love y'all." she looked at the uber app and put her phone down. "i gotta go, y'all. my uber is outside. i'll see y'all soon."

the drive to the airport was short and she was able to get through security easily. on the place, she put in her earphones and went to sleep.

she was glad to be going back home.

edited 1118 words.