07.

THE next morning, vea peeled the plastic off of her tattoo, put ointment on it and replaced the plastic before going down the stairs. she walked into the kitchen, her phone in hand.
"goodmorning ma." she greeted her mother like normal and went to get her normal cup of morning coffee.

"vea celine goulbourne!" her mother said sternly. it scared her a little bit, resulting in her dropping her mug.
"yes ma, what's the matter?"

"what the hell is that!" she raised her voice. "i know that better be temporary or henna..!"

vea shook her head. "no mom, it's not a temporary tattoo." she said.

"what the hell- girl- who the fuck do you think you are?" her mother yelled. "you been coming in here late as fuck when you aren't working, if at all! spending unnecessary time on the phone with that boy and now you've got a damn tattoo?!?"

"ma, it's not that deep. i literally don't go anywhere but to the twin's house and they spend nights over here as well. and jahseh has nothing to do with anything." vea said, moving to clean up the mess the glass had made.

her mother gasped. "jahseh?! as in that god-awful boy?!? this is why i didn't want you to go to florida and see stokeley in the first place! vea those are not good people for you to be associating yourself with!"

"jahseh is not god-awful, he's a good person," vea stressed. she knew about the allegations that were against jahseh. she also knew that he had beat the case, both times because they were just that, allegations. the girl is out of the picture and that part of his life is over. "and you wanted to continue to deprive me of a relationship with my own blood? that's really messed up."

"i'm trying to protect you! i don't want you to die or something getting caught up in that shit!" she yelled.

vea scoffed. "why are you acting like this? they wouldn't let anything happen to me! especially not stokeley, i'm his little sister!"

she laughed dryly. "that boy don't give a damn about you. if he did, he'd have been here earlier!"

"that's the most selfish thing i've heard you say," vea shook her head. "i can't believe you right now."

"go to your room! go now!" she yelled and vea stormed past her, grabbing her phone before running up the stairs.

that was dramatic for no reason. over a tattoo?

vea opened her messages, clicking stokeley's contact.

me: just got into an argument with my mom
read 11:12am

her phone started to ring with an incoming facetime.

"hey stokeley." she answered.

"hey baby sis, what's up with your mom?" he asked. "and where you at? you straight?"

"yeah i'm in my room. she got mad over my tattoo," she explained. "and then she started going on about how ever since i went to florida, i've just been a problem child. and she called jahseh god awful and she said she didn't want me to go to florida in the first place."

stokeley listened, nodding along. "well your tattoo is nice, and you know jahseh's a good dude."

"she's trying to dictate everything i do, stokeley. it's been like this since i was a kid."

"dad had told me. this is why i was pushing so hard for you to move down here with me. you're an adult vro, you need to be treated like one." he stressed.

"i know." she mumbled.

"literally everything will be taken care of for you. i'm gonna make sure that you're good and anything you need is within your reach. we'll make sure of it. i just want you here, vea. i've always wanted you here." he continued.

"i want to stokeley i just-" he stopped her. "just think about it, okay? call me later."

when the phone was disconnected, vea's mother busted in her room.

"pack your shit and get the fuck out. you can take everything but that car cos my name is on that," she said. "you want to listen to him and go to florida, go on! you grown right? i'm done with you."

"you're really kicking me out? i didn't even say i was going to go!" vea yelled. she was beginning to get really frustrated with her mother's behavior. why she was acting like that was beyond vea but she was tired of it.

"you're being timed. get your shit out of here in an hour or i'm calling the police." she said before leaving the room.

vea didn't protest anymore. she just sent a quick 'sos' to the groupchat and went to the closet to pack all of her things. she didn't have a lot of clothes to begin with, so she was able to pack pretty quickly. she got all of her things out of the bathroom and got the framed pictures and polaroids from around the room.

she got all of her things together for amalia and put her in the carrier. the only thing she wouldn't be able to get was the cat tree because it was too big. it was old anyway.

tyla texted an 'outside', vea grabbed her phone and charger before walking down the stairs. she put her keys on the counter and left the house with all of her things.

"oh my god," kyla said, getting out of the passenger seat. she helped vea with all of her bags, placing them in the backseat and the trunk.

once in the car, vea broke down in tears.

edited 933 words.