Chapter 15: The Big Friendly Man with a Question Mark

AN: Hey, guess what? I'm not dead! Yay.

Sorry it took so long...

Onward to the next chapter!
_________________________________________

"Hey you dudes need a place to stay?"

Everyone turned to see a big friendly man with a question mark on his clothes.

(Third POV)

"What?" Asked Will.

"Do you need a place to stay Dawg?"

"Did he just call us 'Dawg'?" Dipper asked the closest person near him. Which happened to be Bill.

Bill's been spending alot of time near Dipper, Mabel thought suspiciously. Too much time.

Mabel wasn't jealous of her brother's new friend that he HAD to invite.

Mabel just didn't trust Bill. She didn't know his intentions. If he hurts her brother she'll-

"I think he did say that Pinetree" Bill said.

There he goes with that nickname again, Mabel thought. What does he want with Dipper? Poor Dipper's too innocent and in a way... fragile and delicate. Mabel was determined to protect her brother.

Mabel moved in between Dipper and Bill.

"He did. And he's inviting us to stay with him. Which I don't think is a good idea. We don't know him. He's a stranger. We can't trust him" Mabel said mumbling the last part so the question mark man couldn't hear.

"What do you mean? Bill and Will are strangers and we trust them Mabel" Dipper defended.

"I don't think you get my meaning" Mabel mumbled. Dipper didn't notice, but Bill did. Mabel was glaring at him.

"I think we can trust Question Mark, Shooting Star" Bill said trying to ignore the fact that Mabel was probably trying to burn him with her glares.

"How do YOU know?"Mabel question.

"Because I do. And I know all four of us can take down the fat man if he tries anything" Bill whispered the last part to Mabel so Dipper, Will, and said 'fat man' couldn't hear.

The weather was getting worse by the minute and they had run out of options to stay at for the night, so Mabel reluctantly agreed and the big friendly man with the question mark on his clothes jumped in joy and clapped his hands.

"Yes! I can't wait to tell Melody. We love visitors" he said

"Thanks... Umm... Mr..." Will trailed off realising that they didn't know question mark man's name.

"Oh just call me Soos. And follow me, I'll show you to my humble home"

And so they introduced themselves and followed Soos. Hoping he wasn't some serial killer.

_____________
(Time Skip)

"We're here!!!" Soos said opening the front door to the small home.

The group all walked in to smell a delicious meal.

"Oh hello dear, and who are these lovely young people?" A pretty women setting the table asked.

"Will, Bill, Dipper, Mabel" said Will pointing to himself and then the others.

"They're travelers who got caught in the  storm. They are cold and need a place to stay. That all right Mel, dear?"

She looked at her husband and then her face broke into a huge grin.

"WHY OF COURSE DUMMY! We hardly get visitors. I have the rooms made up in no time. Till then I command you four to eat and sit by the fire"

"But that's not necessary mam-" Will said but was cut off.