Chapter 19: Border

An: finally an update. This is more a filler chapter though. Also this is unedited.

(Dipper's POV)

I woke up after our cart jerked. Did I fall asleep.

"You sure did" Bill said.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes again" Bill smiled.

I got up groggily of Bill's shoulder. I was still so tired.

Wait Bill's shoulder?!

I turned my head to the blond extremely fast.

"Why're you looking so surprised Pine tree? Admit it, you like using me as a pillow"

Well... he was comfy and very warm... And very soft... And-FOCUS DIPPER RESIST THE TEMPTATION OF FALLING ASLEEP ON HIM AGAIN NO MATTER HOW NICE HE SMELLS.

"N-n-n-no I don't" Very convincing Dipper.

It's just every time I was around Bill my tummy felt weird and everything didn't feel so bad anymore. It's like.y problems we're just snapped out of existence whenever he was there. I felt safe. This doesn't feel normal. I couldn't talk properly around him, much less think straight... Get it? 'Cause I'm not-

"Oh really Pinetree? Well it looked like you very much enjoying my company during your sleep"

Saying no would be a lie, but he doesn't have to know that.

"No I don't!" Did I say that correctly? As I stated before; I can't think str-properly around him.

"You couldn't stop cuddling me" Bill smirked. That devil smirk. That evil hot smirk. That very hot smirk. Holy Lucifer that smirk was sexy!

Quick Dipper, you've been staring at him for too long. He'll notice. Uh oh he is noticing. Answer or say anything!

"Nope!" Nice save.

Bill raised his eyebrow. Then looked down. So did I, then I immediately let go of him.

Bill laughed. How long was he going to keep up the conversation with me cloning to him like a koala? Also why did I not notice? And why was he so beautifully distracting?!

"Probably because you take a long time to notice things after waking up, such as the fact you keep talking aloud to yourself without realizing. Its cute"

This is so embarrassing. Wait how many thoughts did he hear?

"Oh not many. But I did hear you talk in your sleep. Care to explain why I was in your dream Pinetree~? And what was it about, cause I've heard interesting things?"

I was pretty much awake by now, prepared to not let him hear anymore thoughts without my realising and going to tell him that it wasn't any of his business and to shove off... Please.

"Shut it lovebirds! We at the border" Mabel shouted annoyed, probably listening  to the conversation.

I don't know what I expected a border between a human and demon kingdom to be like. Maybe a ravine in a desert wasteland or something, maybe with a rope bridge that would surely break after crossing it only then for there to be another way around and--ok Dipper enough with the adventure books where the author has taken a risk in their life, such as this author right now.

I did not expect it to be this easy, well I mean is was a border completely made of thorns spread from both sides of the  path that cut right through it as an entrance. The thorns probably traveled all the way across from where the kingdoms met in the forest. But at least this entrance was unguarded. Wonder why this is easy?

"I don't trust this" mabel said suspiciously.

But Bill and I didn't listen and got off the cart to check it out.

I didn't know what I was thinking when I examined the thorns and then one cut my hand. It hurt. I hissed.

"Dipper are you ok?!" Bill asked running over to me.

"F-fine" I answered.

"What happened?" Mabel asked

"Dipper got cut! Let me see!" Bill started panicking.

"I-its ok Bill" I said.

"No it's not! You got hurt by an enchanted thorn! You could be cursed! This happens all the time in fairytales! I should kiss you just to be safe!"

Mabel over which distracted Bill from my blushing face. "Ok nobody is kissing anybody" she said like it was the most causal thing in the world. "Dippers looks fine. He'll survive. But we should clean and wrap it up just in case"

Mabel took me over to the cart despite Bill's protest to take care of me. She then wrapped up my hand and told me to be more careful as we rode the craft through the border.

This doe seem suspicious though. Why did the demons leave an entrance to their kingdom unguarded?

_______________

(???s POV)

"Master, you were right. Word from the spies is they've made it and are close"

"Excellent and thank you for informing me. We better raise their pay for their helpfulness, the spies I mean, especially the helpful human, they deserve a treat. Better prepare everyone, we have guests arriving soon. And they won't be leaving anytime soon until I get what I want"

"Yes master, very good master. Very good"

_________________________________________

AN: these chapters take longer and longer to write. And this is only a short chapter.

What do you think will happen?

Hypothetically: If I were to kill off a likeable character in this book, which one do you want and/or not want dead?

(Date: 11/03/2022)

Thanks for reading!
See you next chapter!