Chapter I

JUST A WARNING! The first and second chapter are weird and kind of confusing. I didn't know what I was gonna do and how I was gonna write this. DONT JUDGE. 😭

"ugh." I groaned as I got out of bed. Summer is already over! I was not happy. I had just moved To Hawkins, Indiana from San Diego, California. School wasn't great in California.
As an example:

"Hey, are you Steve?" a brown girl with curly black hair asked me.

"uh, yeah? Why?"

"Well, you're kind of cute. Wanna go out sometime?" She smiled at me. Before I could respond, someone came up to us. It was Rowan.
Rowan was the rudest kid in our school, but all the girls loved him.

"Are you trying to go out with this fag?" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"He's not into you, if anything he's into me!"

I turned back around to my locker. He laughed at me and the girl seemed disgusted too. In the '80s, people are racist and homophobic. Some boys are sexist as well.  Rowan smiled and walked away.

Now he might've seemed homophobic, but if he believed it or not he was gay. We used to meet up sometimes and make out in between periods or during free period. He told me to keep quiet or else he was going to hurt me, so i never told.

I don't know how I could be so stupid. He was so rude, but I loved him. He ended up getting a girlfriend. And when I found out I was furious, so I recorded us while we were making out once and showed it to all of his friends. After that all of his friends left him, his girlfriend broke up with him and he was still the talk of the school. Except now what they were talking about wasn't positive.

Everyone already knew I was gay, so I didn't have a problem showing it to people. I had finally gotten my revenge. When his family found out, they sent out for me. When they found me they beat me in an alleyway. They continued to beat me for awhile. Kick me, throw me around, punch me. I screamed a few times and Rowan covered my mouth. I don't know what it was, but something slit through my arm. They kept beating my lifeless body until it looks like a crime scene. There was no part of my body that wasn't hurt. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. I just lied there and passed out from loss of blood.

Soon after I woke up in a hospital with my sister. My parents no where to be seen.

"Hey sleepyhead." soleil (So - lay) smiled at me.

"Hey." I said weakly. She frowned at me.

"Steve, who did this to you?"

"Rowan."

"Your boyfriend? I thought you guys were "inlove" why would he do that to you?"

"I thought we were inlove but i was so blind. He hid he was gay from the whole school. I didn't mind it because maybe he wasn't ready to come out. But he got a girlfriend and i got mad.. so I recorded us while we were making out once and showed everyone what he really was. And he.. he.. got his family and beat me. They all beat me Soleil." I began to cry in pain. Soleil began to tear up as well.

"Steve. We are gonna leave California and move far far away. Away from Rowan. Okay?" She held my hand and caressed it. I nodded.

Back to the present:

"Steve! We've got to go! Be ready in 30 minutes!"
Soleil ordered.

"Alright alright!" I sprung out of bed and put some jeans on. I put on a red sweater and brushed my teeth. After, I raced downstairs and put my shoes on. I ate and we were heading out the door in 15 minutes.

"Steve, you don't have to go to school today if you aren't up for i-" I cut her off.

"I want to go."  She looked at me and shrugged.

"Whatever you say." She pressed the gas and we were off.

"Today is gonna be great." I repeated to myself as I fidgeted with my hands. I sighed and looked out the window.

"It's gonna be great."

Authors Note: HI EVERYONE!
So I haven't been seeing many steddie fanfics, so I'm making one. I don't know what this is gonna be yet I'm still figuring it out. Just bare with me. Have a great rest of your day/evening/afternoon/morning/night!