Chapter XXIII

without thinking, i just kissed him. I kissed him like it was nothing! Eddie didn't hesitate to kiss me back and my arms moved to his neck before i could even think about it, like my body knew what to do. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer into the warm and sloppy kiss. His strong bare hands against my back, only a piece of clothing blocking his touch. He moved his hands under my shirt and rubbed my back softly. I smiled as i ran my hand through his long hair. I couldn't even remember much of the kiss after that, i just got lost in his soft lips. I knew at that moment that i had all i wanted and that was Edward Munson.

Pulling away was the worst feeling in the world, but i couldn't breathe any longer. As i slowly pulled away i smiled at him.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"Hi Steve." He laughed.

I felt eyes on me so i looked around, i couldn't see anyone paying attention except one person.

"Steve what the hell!" Nancy shouted out of the crowd. People started to stare and i got off of him quickly. The look that he gave me when i did shattered me. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by following my own. And i just didn't know what to do. So i got up and stumbled out to the car. Eddie followed me, though he was upset and got me settled in the car. We drove off in silence and even for the rest of the night all that was said was one soft "goodnight." That was all that could escape Eddie's lips without crying right there. I heard a small sob as he said it. Hearing it broke my heart.

The next morning i woke up early. I made breakfast to try to make it up to Eddie, but it was no use. He didn't say anything to me, not even made eye contact with me. I know what he was thinking. That i was embarrassed of him. I'm not embarrassed of him at all. I love him, i really do. Just knowing what he went through before with bullying, it shatters my heart. I can't believe people could bully someone like Eddie. He's so perfect.

Eddie Munson is perfect for me.